Mother's Day Gifts

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Diane Lane • Apr 21, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Back when I had money, I would bring or send my mother flowers, gifts, and of course send a card. We don't live near one another, so bringing her something isn't possible, but I will be sending her a gift, as usual. I've already made one part of the gift, and will work on the other portion shortly, then send it off via USPS.

Do y'all give gifts to your mom for mother's day? What about others? I usually give my sister a card and something small, too, because she's my Goddaughter's mother. I also have someone who's like a 2nd mother to me, and I always send her a card.

2. Kezmumtotwo

KezmumtotwoNew Member

Threads:
    I can't comment on what I give to my mother as she passed away when I was a child. However as a mother myself I can say what I like to recieve on Mother's Day. I don't like the commercially available tat that is pushed on you in shops. I like when my children have taken time to make me something or even just spending the day with them and have a big cuddle from them. It's not really about what I recieve at all. It's just a day where I can look at them and love them like I do everyday. If I recieved some flowers and a hand made card and a big cuddle I'd be extremely happy!

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My Mom loves her goodies that she loves to eat. My Mom is housebound so I try to get her Mother's Day gift that she loves like a special plate lunch, a card and just something she loves to eat. She doesn't want anything else for her birthdays or Mother's Day too and she emphatically lets me know about it!

4. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    I think the best gift that any mother could receive on Mother's Day is a reenactment of her favorite photo of all the kids together. I've seen the f392a6c8948ded254bd8e32405f2002a. m online a lot and Modern Family did an episode where they attempted to do it. It's really the thought behind it. All her kids getting together to reenact her favorite photo of them. Plus, I think they're just adorable!

5. Kezmumtotwo

KezmumtotwoNew Member

Threads:
    What a beautiful idea. I've never seen one of those before. Incredibly creative! I will have to try that out!

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I remember giving my mom a card or flowers during Mother's Day when she was still alive. She appreciated them greatly.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aww I like the idea of then and now photos! It's so cute and sweet.

I live about 1 000km away from my parents, which makes it impossible to do anything with them. Because they both love eating out, I'd treat them to dinner out if we lived near each other. So I'm resigned to sending a card ahead, and then on day, I usually call to tell them how much they mean to me. I mean I always tell them that, so I just do what I always do anyway LOL It's not much, but they really appreciate it :)