Multiple Paypal Accounts

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Aug 4, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been wanting to get another Paypal account to use for business such as for selling online and maybe even for accepting donations, but I prefer to keep my personal details private to the ones who will eventually pay me, which is why I wanted to keep a business account separate in the first place.

My question is, is this possible? I've sent and received payments from companies before that didn't list any personal names and instead just have me company names, and I'm wondering if I'd have to resort to this if I wanted to keep my private details hidden or if there is an easier way.

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I think you can but I haven't tried it. I've seen other people saying they managed to create two PayPal accounts with a different e-mail. I've been thinking about doing something similar but with a different country to deal with the currency issue with some companies.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    It is possible, I do business with single people who trade under business names (my brother being one of them). I BELIEVE you need to take out a business account with them. I'll ask him and then update this thread with his reply. :)

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can have more than one paypal account.

So go right ahead and get yourself a business account. I'm planning on doing that soon myself.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can have two accounts, as long as one is personal and the other is premier or business. Make sure you don't enter the same financial information for both accounts, or you could run into some trouble with PayPal. However, you might need to have a registered business name in order to hide your own personal information from potential clients or whoever. I used to have a business account, but I used my own details, so I don't have much experience using a business name through Paypal.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, you can. As others said, you can have one of each and you have to have unique financial information for each. So you would need to make sure you have own multiple bank accounts of some variety of another (such as a checking account and a separate credit card, etc).

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I could be wrong, but I think that if you want multiple PayPal accounts, you need different bank accounts. Also, you obviously need different email addresses. Maybe if you have one bank account for your business and one personal, you could easily create separate PayPal accounts.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, you can have a maximum of 2 Paypal accounts which was already mentioned by the other members, just use a different credit or debit card for each one of them. I also plan to make another Paypal account since I plan to sell some of my stuff on Ebay, so I think I would open a Premier account.

9. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    It's possible to have more than 1 PayPal account. However, it can only work if you use a different name like a relative who gives you permission to open the account. It will also have to be on a different computer as well so the IP address will not be the same. Otherwise, just open a business account with PayPal. You can input your business name and so forth if you want to keep your personal details private. I have a business account with PayPal and when people pay me, they generally see my business name and address without my personal information being shown.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As other have said, it is legal to have a personal and business Paypal account. The linked credit cards and/or checking accounts have to be different. I do believe it's also possible to have more than one business account if the business is set up as a corporation with its own tax id number and checking account. A corporation is considered to be a separate entity for business purposes.