My Ibotta Account Was Deactivated!

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by professionaltightwad • Apr 21, 2015.

1. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    I got an email saying my account was deactivated for apparently breaking the rules. They listed 3 reasons it could be: invalid receipts, multiple accounts, or using multiple devices. I wrote back that I know I haven't done the last two and don't know how I could have submitted an invalid receipt, unless I accidentally submitted the same one twice. Someone in support emailed me back saying it was being investigated and to give them up to 30 days!

Has anyone had this happen? I want to know if I have a good chance of getting my account back or not. I haven't done anything wrong so this is ridiculous.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, if you did submit the same receipt twice, then they do have the right to ban you for that, accident or no accident. I'd like to think that they'll reinstate your account if that's the case, though. Otherwise, iBotta can technically ban your account for absolutely no reason at all if they so choose, since it's their service and the TOS states as much. I know that's obviously not good for users.

3. RoRo

RoRoNew Member

Threads:
    This is crazy. This happened to me indicating that I submitted receipts for items not purchased and I used multiple devices. This was totally false. It only happened once I cashed out my account.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some companies get annoying like that. I am not sure anything like that has happened to me, but I have heard of it happening to other people. I hope you get your account back, but there are many other alternatives, so you will be able to find a recieipt app that will work for you, whether or not you have success in getting Ibotta back. It is frustrating though when you feel penalized for something you don't think you got wrong.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have downloaded the app, although I haven't begun to use it yet. Hearing this makes me question whether I should bother. I used Receipt Hog in the past, and experienced multiple issues with the receipts supposedly not being able to be red, or otherwise not qualifying, even though as far as I know, I followed the rules. I'm sure they'll be happy to submit your information to marketing companies and cash in on your receipts they're not paying you for, though, which I find reprehensible. They pay pennies as it is, and it seems more and more of these sites and apps are trying to get out of paying legitimate users. I hope you come back and let us know whether or not you got your account back and were ultimately paid.

6. RoRo

RoRoNew Member

Threads:
    They did reactivate my account

7. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    I have had some runnings with Ibotta over the last few years. They can suspend account for weeks and not respond to your emails or if they do it's simple answers or automated answers, but I've never seen anything quite like this! He had something like 15 or 20 friend referrals each giving him $5. The first time he tried to cash out at around $100 the account was locked. Do they really do that? They claim friend referrals are Unlimited. I've never done more than two or three at a time so I wouldn't know. He also had some problems verifying his phone to which he resent the text several times. I told him maybe that was the issue but he's thinking it's not, because he was eventually able to verify it.

8. Brenda Dailey

Brenda DaileyNew Member

Threads:
    Mail me bldailey@ hotmail.com, just happened to me and I got the same answer

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Seems like something that others are dealing with too. I have sparingly used mine but have also not really heard about anything negative. I will have to look out in the future and I hope that these all get resolved.