My Nail Grows Crooked?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Jasmine2015 • Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I have nice long nails. It's just that I have this one nail that grows crooked. It always looks like I chipped it by accident or something. All the rest of my nails grow fine except the thumb nail.I might have to file it down to make it look even. Does anyone else have this problem or is it a sign that something is not right?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe it's chipped further down so it just follows the pattern when the nail starts to grow. You might want to try to straighten the edges so that it will grow straight next time.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Does it always do that, or is it just once in awhile? If it always does, maybe that's just how the nail grows. I have one nail that always looks crooked when I grow it out, but in reality, it's my finger that is crooked and the nail is just an extension of it.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It could be a sign of something like psoriasis or eczema, even gut issues, but does it always happen or just recently? If it doesn't always happen, it could just be that there was a shock to the system at some point while the nail was growing (lack of nutrients, an illness etc).

5. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    It always grows like that. I do have eczema as well. Actually the nail just broke off which it does once it grows to a certain length. It was turning into one of those hang nails. I'll wait for it to grow back and see what happens.

6. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I once had a spinter injury in my finger and it caused my nail to grow inwards. It was one of the most painful hand injury and most dangerous. If not properly taken care of, it could be even cause potential nail loss.

7. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Could be a genetic defect. There are so many genetic defects one sees. You can file the nail back to the desired shape which I notice you are already doing. As long as there is no health issue I do not think you should be much concerned about this.

8. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think you should make a blood test and see if you have enough calcium in your body. My wife had the same problem and she needed calcium. Also, you can try to put your fingers in olive oil mix with onion juice, this liquid will make your fingernails much stronger.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    That is a little strange but it is quite different than my issue which is that they barely grow at all. Part of that is that I do bite them but they never repair well enough, but I hope that there is something for you that will help.

10. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Girls do have such strange issues, I mean they are so concern about the looks nails heals and such type of things. But yes that is natural.

now at good prices.