New or Used Tires?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by deecee • May 12, 2012.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I did when I was younger, but now think it is something not to skimp on if you can. I had a tire separate on the road and I was turning (so it was slow) but is was a frightful experience to drive on the rim to get out of traffic.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Due to my low income, used would normally always be the choice. Nonetheless, I recognize that new is better. In fact, it could be argued, that despite my low income, the sacrifice of a new tire would be worth it in the long run. However, though, a lot of people a lot of people don't feel this way, hence, used tires are a big business Anyway, it could be argued that used tires provide a lot of jobs.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    New tires, always. :)

I never bought used tires for my car. In fact, I never considered this idea and I probably never will because I'm sure it would be a very badly spent money and what was meant to be a good saving can turn out to be a pretty headache more forward.

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer new tires as I don't want to simply keep spending my money even if it is cheaper. I would buy a new one instead of repairing the old.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    If I must buy used tyres it will be for a short time before I finally get new tyres for my car. This may happen in a situation where I'm not financial enough for new tyres at the moment but sure that won't be long before I change them for new ones. Normally I will trust new tyres far more than the used and again the new tyres do come with warranty. Driving with old tyres could be risk especially on a long journey.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    My dad used to buy used tires all the time but he would give them a test run first. He had never had a single problem with them and would be checking on them constantly. He saved so much money like that and they actually lasted a good amount of time. He was unsure at first but then found that most used tires sold are in great condition.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had experienced buying used tires before, it is called recapped. But when I saw the news that a car had figured in an accident when the cap of the tire gave way and caused the car to lose control. With recapped tires, you don’t get a guarantee albeit the vendor would admit that it will not last long (for a year). To save money, it is more economical to buy new tires for your car. From time to time, there are promos here for new tires so what I do is just wait for some months and get a 20% dicount at least.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes they are cheap but we can't be sure how long they will last. So normally I only go for new tires only. But in emergency purpose I can go for used one too.
    Once I have experienced it. And it was bad. The used tire got burst out in only couple of months. So it was kind of waste of money for me. So since then I am almost avoiding it.

9. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Note, you can also use special chemicals to fill in tire leaks. However, though, I'm not sure how long they last. Therefore, I'd say getting used tires would a better option and, of course - new tires would be the best one. Has anyone else had experiences with stuff like Fix-a-Flat?