New Pen Or Refill?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Decentlady • Dec 22, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have asked myself this question over and over again everytime my pen gets over.

Which is more economical; to buy a new pen or buy the refill?

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Since I do purchase the cheaper types of pens it is more convenient to buy new ones instead of refills. I find that some refills have the same cost as certain pens so I rather buy a pack of 10 that can last me a while.

It also depends on the type of pen you are talking about. If it's a fine pen then I really don't know about the pricing.

3. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I will go for refills as it is more economical and also helps to reduce plastic waste to some extent. If we keep on buying new pens every time more pens will be produced as demand regulates supply. I think nowadays people very rarely write with pen as we are always online and do our editing works there. I think this is a welcome sign as we can save a lot of trees and also our earth from plastic toxins.

For kids writing is every important for their brain development and they can have better control on writing with pencils than pens. Wooden pencils are the best choice for this.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ever since I had used a Parker pen, it has always been my brand (although I use Bic ball pen for regular writing). My Parker pen ran out of ink twice already in my lifetime and I bought a refill. On the second occasion, I again bought a refill. But then I noticed that the refill did not last as long as the new and that got me thinking. On the second time that the refill gave up, I bought a new pen and that is what I am using until now. It seems to be cheaper because the new pen has a much longer life than the refill.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    As to cost wise, refill is better than to get a new pen when the pen is still working. Refill cost economically that to buy a new pen for replacement. The purpose of refill is for saving.

6. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I have never refilled a pen in my life. I don't find pens to be necessarily expensive as I can get a few for like a dollar or so. I don't use fancy pens or ball points too often so for me I doubt it's more economic to refill.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I'll choose refilling. To refill is more economical especially if the pen is a costly one. But if the cost to refill is somewhat same as a new pen then I would just go for a new pen. The fact is I use more of non refillabe, a ballpoint pen or biro.

8. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy a refill. It saves you a lot of money. When I buy pen, I always choose the one that can be reused with a refill. Why to spend more on a new writing pen when you can get a refill in less than half of the price of the pen.

9. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If you purchase packs of pens from cheaper stores, it's best to just purchase a new pack. Some cost 10 for a dollar and that's cheaper. If you like those expensive nice pens, I suggest purchasing refills because you can easily purchase a couple of refill containers/sticks or bottles for very cheap.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too buy packs of pens when they are on sale than purchase a refill. If the pen is a good one I'd get a refill for it only. I use good pens only on special occasions. I use mostly disposable pens. I fund a click type pen that I like most at Walmart 2 retractable pens for just .72! When I do buy refills I bring the pen with me and if not sure it fits I ask before I buy the refill for the pen.