New Vehicle Savings for College Students

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by troutski • Jul 16, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Few college students realize they can save money on a brand new vehicle simply for being a college student. GM offers discounts that amount to a couple thousand dollars or more for college students. I'm sure other automobile manufacturers offer similar programs. Students might have to contact their school's student affairs department to inquire about these discounts. I received them automatically in an email from my school from GM a couple years ago. I didn't take advantage of the opportunity then.

Obviously, most students can't purchase a brand new vehicle outright. It's still a nifty discount for college students that do have the money to spare.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Pardon me, I've never heard of college students with new cars - unless they were in the Ivy League or something. :) Anyway, I think the best bet for certain college students is to simply find a good slightly used car, not get a new one. Of course, a lot of students might simply want to get some old piece of junk like that car Wayne drove in the movie Wayne's World. :rolleyes: However, I wouldn't advise that, though, unless you know a lot about vehicle maintenance - but, that's not hard to learn, though.