Night View NV Glasses

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by messlisa • Jan 4, 2014.

1. messlisa

messlisaNew Member

Threads:
    My husband has a really hard time seeing at night and when it is raining as well...these glasses claim to take fuzzy and blurry images and brighten them up especially at night..I was wondering if anyone has ever tried them before...I mean for $10 you really have nothing to lose, but I would rather have a second opinion before purchasing them.

2. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I've seen these advertised on TV and I'm curious about them, as well. I don't really have any difficulty seeing at night while driving; however I know people who do so it would be nice to hear some opinions as to whether or not the advertising claims are true or not.

3. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    They are probably just yellow tinted glass. I have a pair of yellow tinted safety glasses that I love wearing when outside on a dreary day, and they do indeed make it seem as though it isn't as dark out as it actually is. I am certain it is a trick of the brain, where the yellow makes you think it is a sunny day and your brain somehow compensates by making you think it is brighter out than it actually is.

4. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who was talking about trying them, but he hasn't yet. He said that he has a hard time seeing at night with the glare too. I would imagine they would work well tho, like avasmom said they look like they are yellow tinted. Some glasses take the glare off and slightly lighten your view through them. So at night time, it is possible that they take the glare off and yet also make it look lighter outside to see better. Now as for this particular pair of glasses, I don't know yet.

If my friend does decide to try them, I will let you know how well they work.

5. postergirl

postergirlMember

Threads:
    I would love to know the answer to this as well. $10 isn't much to pay, true. But when you spend that 10 times on a product that promises the world and doesn't deliver, it translates to $100 lost. I will check this post often for updates regarding an answer.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would also love to know the answer, I have trouble driving at night due to the glare also. It would be good to have something that actually works to use at night for driving and during the rain.

7. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I tried ordering this for my mother a month back and the price definitely wasn't as advertised. Up in Canada it was I believe $12, but radically changes to +$30 after it confirms your order. The company is really shady when it comes to wording and part of me thinks that the site is designed to scam senior citizens. I consider myself reasonably adept at reading fine print or just generally shopping online and there was no reference whatsoever to such an exorbitant shipping charge until AFTER the order goes through. In my own scenario, I had to cancel the order and I think they're aware of their own little con because they keep trying to offer you discounts until it gets down to the price you're led to believe it was to begin with ($12ish). Personally, I just cancelled due to poor business practice.

That said, I've been researching the glasses themselves, but came across an article the other day that says it is actually dangerous to use these types of glasses. Here's the quote...
    Source: