Not Getting Prizes :(

Discussion in Contests & Sweepstakes started by Shoplady • May 24, 2016.

1. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    I won a contest through Facebook a couple months ago and never got the prize. When I asked the person about it, she said it must have gotten lost in the mail, and nothing else! I was pretty disappointed, as I spend a bit of time now and then entering contests on Facebook, and the stores are getting free publicity out of it. I didn't really have much to say back since it wasn't something I paid for, but frustrating nonetheless. Then I talked to a couple friends who told me that they have had the same situation with contests on there.

Do you think they have a lot more scammers there than on other contest sites? What a bummer. Anyway I am going to stick to entering contests for companies I know I can trust for now.

2. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    I don't blame you ShopLady for sticking with companies that you know. I do many Sweepstakes, but I don't recall that ever happening to me. I don't do a lot of Facebook sweeps. I stick with some of the major companies that have them on their actual site. Sometimes they will also put on Facebook, but that's the only time I will do them. Did you do a post on Facebook about it? I know one time I had won a $5 coupon for Thomas bread and somehow the website was having some problems. When I didn't get a response from an e-mail, I post my concern on their Facebook page and they handle the problem right away by sending me a coupon for a free Thomas' product.

3. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Well. That's really a bummer. And is not very encouraging at all to try any facebook contests. Is that common an issue like that? Never try any of those before, and now even less considering your previous experience with those. Could be wiser to stick with trusted companies for sure, because If these kinds of iniciatives are succesful, there are high chance that they would repeat it in a near future.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me for this comment but I never believe any of those promos in Facebook unless the promotion is a reputable company. Once there was a promo of a tv network. But when I clicked on the link, it was another website. Another time, those raffle of Mercedes Benz and other expensive cars are only getting shares and likes but surely not true because I have never seen a post about winning. So maybe that contest you joined is one of those minor scams.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen my fair share of spammy and scammy looking contests and sweepstakes advertised on Facebook. Many are in an attempt to gain followers, and then apparently the account holder sells the account.

I tend to stick to well known companies, and major blogs. I don't care that much for the rafflecopter ones where you have to follow a gazillion people and blogs to be entered to win, but each follow usually equates with one entry, so the more you participate, the more chances you have of winning.

6. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I have received prizes from various companies that have Facebook contests, but there are a few prizes that never made it to me. All those prizes were from blog contests though. They were fairly large blogs which I thought were reputable. Unfortunately, when I inquired about the prize, I didn't receive any response or much of a helpful one when I did. I sometimes wonder if they ever sent it out at all because my mail service here is extremely reliable and I'm always really careful when typing in my address for prizes.

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds sketchy. I'd post directly on their Facebook page asking for a tracking number. I've won a few items and wasn't sure if I would be getting the items, but I did. I haven't been notified that I won something and not received it. I'd really wonder under those circumstances if the contest/sweepstakes was a bid to collect names and addresses, which they could then sell. I would check their social media accounts to see if others have the same complaint, and report them if possible, to the governing agency/organization, such as the Better Business Bureau. I don't recall who in the U.S. oversees sweepstakes, but it's usually in the small print.