Office Supplies - Which Store Is Better

Discussion in Office Supplies started by efrain silva • Dec 24, 2016.

1. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    We have so many to choose from when it comes to office supplies. I love different things about each and every one of them. What do you guys think? Do you prefer Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Walmart, Target, another? I mean, they all have office supplies. Yet who has the better product and price, I wonder? It's tricky.

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about other states or countries but at the dollar stores, you can purchase quality staples, paper, notebooks, pens, pencils, sharpeners, erasers and most of the basics for well, a dollar. For anything else that will cost more than a dollar, I'd go to WalMart since I've seen the same products sell cheaper there than at office supply sellers.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy office supplies at back to school sale time. CVS, Walgreens and Walmart has a good supply for the office as well as for school children. We have an office supply company Fisher Hawaii that also has back to school sales as well as sales throughout the year.

. I found that these sales are the cheapest to find office supplies in Hawaii. We have Office Depot-Office Max & Staples too that has sales all year too. Unless you need it suddenly best to get a good sale price on office supplies to save huge.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I also purchase my office supplies at the dollar store. Their items are cheap in price but their quality is as good of those products that are sold in other stores such as Office Depot. If I don't find a needed item there then my next choice is either Target or Walmart.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We only have 1 store that is trusted when it comes to school and office supplies and that is National Bookstore. Aside from books, National Bookstore had specialized in school and office supplies such that they now have a loyalty card which gives customers a discount on their purchases. Their products are the standard in the Philippines and although their prices are quite higher than other stores, people still trust National Bookstore for their quality assurance.

6. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Most items aren't too risky to purchase such as staplers. Even if it's a cheap stapler, most will work fine and same with erasers. I know some staplers become stuck or some erasers can smear your writing but same goes with the expensive brand. That's why you should buy a little and if it works, buy more of that cheaper brand. You'll spend less testing cheaper items than purchasing one good item and in the long run, you'll save money.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know what you are talking about those online stores you have mentioned, that are selling office supplies. We are living in a different geographical location and we may have a different store where to buy our office supplies though online stores may be accessed anywhere.

But offline, we have a local favorite mall where to buy the cheaper office supplies or school supplies for that matter since opening of classes here in our place is very near.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are no specific stores in my country that sells items used specifically in office so we can get them in any stationery shop of general stores. In India almost every general store sells stationery items for office and schools/colleges use except the course books which are either available in books stores or at lower level the schools provide them at a fixed cost.

9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I'd say during the back to school time, local malls from target and Walmart are good option. If you choose to go for online buying then Amazon and Rakuten's buy.com. I think lot of those online malls are good enough. I think you have to also compare the prices in local market before buying online. Some of the time local prices can be cheap.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In my last post I mentioned that there are no specific stores for office supplies in India but now that I live in Australia we have number of good options here which provide office and other related items on reasonable rates and a healthy competition among the stores goes in favor of customers. Some of the best stores here are Office Works, Staples, Mega Office Supplies, COS, Mega Office etc but my favorite store is Office Works.