Oil changes - keep your eyes peeled.

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by justusforus • Sep 28, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I watch for the sales from the National chains that I think try to do it as an introduction. I recently got a 12 dollar oil and filter change from Pep Boys and the oil and filter would have cost me more than that (forget the labor and yuck factor). I saw it on an A-frame sign for a recently opened store but my friend saw it on line and did the same.

My only caveat is look for fine print. Some shops have surcharges for Vans or trucks, or they try to "up sell" other products. What is your opinion on oil change deals and do you have any you know of running now?

2. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Hmmm. I am not too familiar when it comes to oil changes but one thing I know, $12 is really cheap. :)

Here in the Philippines, oil changes are somewhere around $20 if you'll do it yourself (oil + filter) and around $25 if you don't want to do it yourself. I do not religiously follow the 6 months or 5,000 KMs (which ever comes first) when it comes to oil changes because I just don't find it that necessary to change your oil that often.

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't care much about price, only quality. Note, I had some work done by Jiffy Lube earlier this year, and it was a miracle. They totally fixed my transmission problems - as well as doing the oil changing. Now, I admit the price was steep at around 100 dollars, but if I had gotten some cheaper bozo who would have botched the job, then that would hurt more in the long run. Anyway, it was incredibly high - only because I had neglected the upkeep of my vehicle - which was my fault.