Online Music: Do You Think It Is Worthy?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by naruto100 • Oct 31, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    These days I have seen young generation is using such online apps which provide free music. But they are surely not completely free. One need to spend data on it to listen again and again. I am not sure about if user need to spend data again for listening the same song in the future. Is anyone know it?

I guess buying CDs or downloading music is more worthy option. As we can listen same song again and again without spending data or money again. What you say?

2. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of apps are free but paid for by advertising, but I do find some good music videos on YouTube once in awhile. You can then chromecast these videos to your TV and hook your stereo up, to get a pretty good picture and sound that is quite good-and they have a lot of the old MTV videos on there which is quite fun and retro for me. Also YouTube has a lot of new concerts-but not all have that great of picture or sound, but a lot of them do- which kind of gives you that concert experience with some of your favorite music artists.

3. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

I saw that app on my father's phone. He can't listen to music unless his data is on. And I also confirm that you will still need to have data even if you are listening to the same song over and over again.

Personally, I would rather download music and store on my device. Doing so will save me both money and data. :D Buying is cheap too but I can still save on transport costs when I choose to download music.

4. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I'd rather have a radio and listen for countless hours or even buy CD's than do this streaming things that is so popular today. Why spend on data listening to songs that you already paid for? Can't understand the logic really. But hey, that's what being social is all about, does it? Doing what other people are doing so that you can be called being "IN" with the crowd.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Never purchased any song/music for a very long time since most are available for free. Whenever I want to listen to any songs that I like, I just stream it on YouTube, from the oldest music that I know to the latest and you can listen to them anytime you want for free. Well I've had iTunes and Spotify but never purchased any music from those either.

6. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I find no use for music streaming. It is not cool on any level and people who actually do this are mainly using WI-FI they didn't pay for. My younger brothers are such culprits and the streaming habit has become their daily thing. As much as it beat logic to stream music rather than just download it, the pioneers are making a fortune in this business. How they convinced such a large percentage of teens that it is better to spend on data regularly than to save a track on your device I will never quite understand.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I was wondering about the same thing. So even if we have to spend data for listening the same song again, then what is meaning of such app. It will only cost us more even if they are for free. I mean we have to spend money behind data at least. So even I will prefer to have them store on my mobile then listening them from any online site or app. This is surely inconvenient. I mean we can't listen music at all if we are out of data.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Ha ha.. That's true and I agree with you. Even if people will feel it uncomfortable or more costly than normal way, they will use it as other people are doing it. This is kind of trend. Personally I used to store music on my phone directly so that I don't need data for listening them. Yes radio or CDs are much better options than streaming music. But as you said it has become kind of trend for youngsters.

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Awesome reply my friend. I would totally agree with you. It has become a fashion to follow the trend and call being social and in the crowd. I don't understand the point in that. But that is today's social trend which people are following. I would rather download it and listen to the song whenever I want.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think the digital platforms work like a glove for the musical niche we are living today. It's a perfect match for singers / bands and fans who want to buy / listen to their songs. :)

11. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I usually only listen to the online music or podcasts when I am at home, with my wifi turned on as I have unlimited access to it. If I really like those songs, I'd download them to my phone so I can listen to them offline.

For those who would like to listen to music, I think it can be quite costly to use the data to listen to the music online as every music they listen to does cost a bit, and it can really be accumulated to a big amount of money. I am not sure if I am too old fashioned, I don't really know about those online apps for streaming music. :)

12. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I honestly do not mind downloading an app for music as long as it is safe. Most of them are free anyway and do not require you to pay a large amount of money at all. However, I personally just prefer to go to youtube and listen to s song for free, it just seems like a simpler and more free option to me.

13. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I am tired of saving the music on the USB drive and the stick. And it can be seriously slow some of the time too. But the online services can be good enough for streaming. You can temporarily save the music on the device. And play when you want, even if there is no internet. So this is a definitely good service worth checking out. I'd say on that note Di.fm, Amazon Prime music are some good options out there.

14. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    In my personal opinion, I would say that using online application to listen to music is a complete waste of money and data. It's a very unwise way to go about having fun listening to music.

I totally agree with you on the assertion that downloading and buying CD's are a lot better. Personally, I prefer to download my songs. Playing on CD would limit my music life because I would always be forced to go home and play but if it's downloaded on my phone, I can easily play any time or place that I feel like.

15. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Purchasing CD's for music can be very expensive, especially if the CD is bearing several bad songs and only one good one. You may be interested in only one song, but you can not purchase a CD with only one song. CDs are also prone to damage and you must have a computer, radio or DVD player. Downloading favorite songs from the web is the best option. First and foremost, I will onlty search for my best songs, download then and save them in my phone internal memory, or memory card. Getting internet can be very cheap. Theses days most universities and towns offer free WI-fi, hence downloading the songs is completely free. You only need your phone to download and save your songs, eyes to see what you are doing, and fingers to operate the phone.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never bought any CD or I stream any music even if I have unlimited data in my plan. I sometimes go to Youtube in case I have to listen any special song. But that's about all as far music is concerned. Maybe you will find me unmusical type but that's how I am. I spend most of my free time watching sports or surfing the web :)

17. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Free music might come with a risky price. Note, music companies put viruses in downloads - mainly to discourage downloading. In that case, your computer could be fried. Note, I've seen it before and probably the same is true with movie and textbook downloads (for college etc. textbooks).

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes even I thinks the best way is to download the music. There is no limit in that and once downloaded we can listen them for free anytime. Surely I would not like to waste my data for listening one song again and again. At my home there is unlimited wifi internet. But mostly I love to listen songs during traveling. So if I will choose such app on mobile then my mobile plan is not having unlimited data and it will cost me more. So not a good idea.

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Ha ha.. Well, I thought totally different for you. I thought you may be liking more music. I guess I was wrong.

Well, if music usage is limited then I won;t mind going for such app too. But I used to listen songs during travelling. And my mobile data plan is not unlimited (I have one at home). So such app can be costly for me if my journey is too long. Lol. I mean it will end up my data in one journey only.

20. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer to download my músic unless I can listen to them using wifi instead of data. I also listen to most of the new músic un YouTube and the older músic in my Ipod. If I like a song a lot I will download it to add it to my Ipod músic collection that way I can listen to it whenever.