Online Shopping Discounts.

Discussion in Online Shopping started by jonthai • Jun 14, 2016.

1. jonthai

jonthaiMember

Threads:
    How do you get online shopping discounts? For example, me that I want to buy games online, need to go to streams in order to get discounts, and they don't appear that often. Where do you get them?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The way to get discounts back in time was probably by using search engines to find the deals. It's easier these days to find deals anytime for anything as long as you are willing to buy from stores you've probably never bought something from. Use browser extensions that will find you the promo codes and stores that are selling what you want to buy at the cheapest prices.

For PC games Steam winter sales would be the best for you if you want to save money.

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Its easy to search for details of discounts by accessing the search tab of the particular merchant site you are dealing with or simply googling 'online discounts' with regard to the item you want to buy though the latter method is less accurate. But there is one issue of discomfiture. Some of those discounts are fickle. The retail price is usually inflated and then a discont price stated against it. This translates into no discount.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I always search for site name and coupon before I make a purchase on any site so I can be sure that I've exhausted all options for extra discount before purchasing. Usually our local online sites will just put their promo codes in the banner of the front page though so these days I don't have to venture out as much but on the rare occasions that there aren't any significant promos being plastered I do tend to google coupons first. Sometimes I'll find something on Google that I missed a certain discount and I feel bad especially when it was a big one.

5. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I just found out about Brad's Deals yesterday and checked them out today. Some amazing deals to be had there! They have been coming to my inbox for a long time and I had no idea! You might want to look there. Deep discounts!

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    First of all, the thing to do is to search through the various sites that offer the product you require to find out which will offer the best deals. In addition to that, you could do a google search to find the discount promotion sites which offer discounts for the product you wish to buy, these actions would enable to find the source for the deals which would be most favourable to you.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @jonthai@jonthai I do quite a bit of online shopping, and I have always looked for some type of discount or deal but recently I haven't had much luck. I tried doing the cash back sites but they don't give cash back on all items just certain ones mainly in bigger purchases like electronics, which I think should change cause I don't see a whole lot of people buying those type of things every day. I think they should offer cashback for people buy often like kids toys, clothing, shoes, dvds etc. The only discount I get as of right now is through Amazon prime which is free shipping.

#7Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think that's one of the main reasons I still shop online: the discounts. In general, they are often and very generous. I've already saved good money with only the great discounts I've already got.

It's not always possible to get them (in this case, luck usually helps :)), but they are always worth it.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walmart just started an online purchase with store pick-up with discounts if you do this. The discounts is a few dollars like $2 on one item you purchase. One of my recent shopping expedition, is when I found how much exactly I saved at Walmart if I did the purchase online and in store pick up. It's one way to get a sort of discount from Walmart.

10. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I usually search on various sites to get a good discount. Depending on which website I am purchasing on, they usually have some sort of coupon codes or discounts already available. I tend to just type in the item or company said item is coming from, and just type in discount/sales.

11. Misty Jones

Misty JonesNew Member

Threads:
    Coupons at dontpayfull are always useful.

12. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I work on the sites that offer discounts to the certain store. For example, there are plany websites where we can earn amazon gift cards or ebay shopping cards. If I cannot find this option, I will search for coupons on forums and get paid to sites.

13. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Groupon and Grabon are two apps which I try for the online discounts. And for me that works out just fine. Though some apps have limited discount. In that case I make sure to check out on various available set of discounts. You can see that it is not that easy at all. So discount based on product or need is what I am looking for.

14. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    There is never a day when amazon does not offer reduced rates for all the items that I have shown interest in. They also have their special daily offers too. I sometimes forget to open this 'daily offers' page and miss out on discounts.