Online Shopping Versus Shopping Offline

Discussion in Online Shopping started by johndee • Jun 20, 2016.

1. johndee

johndeeMember

Threads:
    Online shopping has now become a trend as more and more businesses are openning online stores by the day. Even small and medium enterprises aren't being left out, not forgetting individuals too. But unlike online shopping giants such as Amazon, these businesses, most of them local, still maintain a physical shop.

While I do agree that shopping online has its advantages, such as saving time and energy, yes, you can browse all the goods you want from the comfort of your home or office in a matter of minutes, order and have them delivered to your door steps. Easy. Quick.

But I also feel that, judging the quality of goods from a photo perspective is never conclusive. Its not easy to have a good observation, the feel and the finer details of a product ss you would physically. According to you, why would you prefer online shopping or shopping offline.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer online shopping to offline shopping because it is a lot more convenient. If we only had offline shopping, we would be extremely limited in the amount of things that we would be able to get a hold of in any given country. It is also really convenient in that if you can't travel easily, you can just get something delivered to your house.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some items which you can buy online because you don't have to see how they look first before buying them. Digital products for example and a lot of other things can be bought online and they'll be fine.

Clothes, vehicles, appliances, some electronics — those you have to be quite careful when buying them online.

4. Escad

EscadNew Member

Threads:
    There are several item that i need to go buy online because it has cheaper product, high quality and already reviewed, so then there is no reason to not buying online as long as it is trustable, but for some item like food , jewelry it's better to go offline, it just not worthed i think when buy those item online.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Online shopping may be more convenient than offline shopping because u have the opportunity to stay at one location and view items that are available in near and distant places, therefore, you would be saving time and travelling costs. However, online shopping also has its difficulties. This method does not afford you the opportunity to have a physical inspection of the good that you are seeking to purchase, therefore, when the goods arrive yo may be disappointed because it may not satisfy your expectations and you will then have the hassle of returning the goods.

6. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to spending money into shopping, for me It's not a matter of preferences but a matter of looking for the best deal. Buying Local seems more expensive but you should take into account how much you're going to spend in shipping if you buy it online. For second hand stuffs, is generally safer to buy offline but all depends of how sturdy is a product. For example, buying an used console is not a bad idea regardless of how long it has been used, and for PC hardware It is quite relevant the time usage and the cooling conditions the owner has been using them.

7. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought things on Amazon and ebay, however, I don't do online shopping too much. I prefer to do offline shopping because I know what I am buying. While buying things online I don't know what to expect. I cannot be certain whether the items I had purchased looks like the one I saw on the site.

8. bipin

bipinNew Member

Threads:
    Its always good to shop online because you generally get more discount. Products like electronics, footwear's, Garments you can buy online, but Gold, Expensive jeweleries, silver, medicines this all product buying offline is always a safe option.

9. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I would buy products online products if they are good bargains or not available in my area. There are some goods which are only possible to sell online like e-books which can be of a wide range of topics like earning online. Buying online has its own uncertainties as opposed to buying offline as you can see the products you are purchasing. Some people also tend to buy some sensitive products because they are shy to purchase them offline.

10. NickJonathan98

NickJonathan98Member

Threads:
    I personally have the following rule as far as decision on whether to shop online or offline is concerned:
    • If I am unsure of apparel sizes (sometimes it varies in shop-by-shop basis) such as hoodies, t-shirts and footwear then I would rather go to a physical retail store and try them before buying. This rule also applies in a similar manner to groceries and food shopping in general.
    • If I want to buy a computer or hardware parts or software or whatever else that you don't actually have to worry about the size of your body then I shop online due to convenience and special web-only deals.

11. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    I like shopping offline much better when I'm not really looking for something specific, but in the mood to window shop. When I'm looking for a specific item I like to buy it online as it's easier and since I don't have to look for the item, I can save the drive to the mall and the time I waste shopping. I like the feeling of offline shopping though, if I were to choose between them I'd always pick offline shopping.

12. barginrocks

barginrocksMember

Threads:
    Well both online and offline shopping has their own advantages and disadvantages, the goods online may cheaper than stores but it can not be seen. Owing the some reason lots of people worried about online shopping but things are totally different in China, all people range from 13 to 70 keen on online shopping very much.

Currently there are a new business O2O is very popular in China, which means online 2 offline, for example, people order foods online, the resturant offline send the dishes to them with the time the customer assigned, it is cheap and very quick thus it is very popular in the big cities and colleges. Of course O2O doesn't limited to order food, you can order message service, nail service as well as many other serivces in your daily life. Then shopping online and offline will perfectly match together to make peopls's life more conveniently.

13. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I buy everything I can online. I even pick apart my Walmart list, and whatever is practical, I make an order for at least $50 and get the free shipping. I go in through Swagbucks shopping portal and immediately save 7% off the cost of my order. The selection online is so much better! And the customer reviews help me narrow down which one to buy. It's fast and easy. I love shopping from the comfort of my own home. Our Walmart store is HUGE and I don't like the workout it involves to shop the whole store, as I have a lot of foot problems. When I check out online, I pay for my purchases with my Walmart mastercard, which gives me 3% off all my online purchases. So every time I shop at Walmart.com, I get a total of 10% off my entire bill. And the prices were already very competitive. I have a similar system for Amazon. Needless to say, Walmart.com is one of my favorite places to shop. I probably order from there at least 4 times a month.

14. Narumiya

NarumiyaNew Member

Threads:
    I definitely have to agree that shopping for clothing online can be a bit risky. It would be nice if all online clothing sellers provided sizing charts, just so I can make sure, but a lot of them still don't. Even within a single brand of clothing, the fit of the sizes can change! But for other items, if I can buy it online, then I probably will. Books, gadgets, school supplies, etc. - if it's on Amazon, I'll get it from Amazon.

15. shcoo

shcooMember

Threads:
    I love buying fashion accessories, collectible toys, and small electronics online. I find amazing bargains on places like eBay and etsy. I don't care about name brands, only aesthetics, so I've found a lot of jewelry I love for under $5. However, with bigger purchases and with clothes and shoes, I always try them in store first. I refuse to commit to something like that online because I hate the hassle of returning a product in the mail if I don't like it.

16. ashley0323

ashley0323Member

Threads:
    At times, I like to shop online. I love the deals I come across, like Free shipping, or 50%-75% off sales (my favorite). Other times I like to buy in store. I like to bring home tons of new stuff to try on, or put away, and wear the same day. I am just not always a patient person when it comes to shipping times.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For clothes and electronic items, I also prefer to buy them in real stores, because it's hard to return the item if you bought it online. I would buy simple items online like bags or books without any hesitation online though.

18. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I generally don't find myself in urgent need of too many things. If its really urgent, it will have to be bought offline. But, if its not urgent, I generally shop online for the product. It makes life so much easier, getting things delivered at home.

Also, I test products out or wait for others to provide reviews for new products before I make a purchase online.

19. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    The only things I have ever bought online are digital products like domain names and web hosting. What I do online is usually just window shopping. After I have checked out the prices, I would go down to the shopping center to buy the actual product. It's not so much that I don't trust the online shopping sites. It's just that I like to get my product the moment I pay for it.

20. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am doing more and more of my shopping online now. We have an Amazon Prime account; so everything I order (for the most part) is free 2-day shipping. There is no tax added on usually either, so even when the item is the same price as going to Walmart and buying it, it is still cheaper to get it on Amazon as long as it is not something I need immediately.
    Mainly, groceries are the only thing that I get exclusively at the store itself, and they are usually more expensive when ordered online anyway.
    The slection online is just SO much better, plus there are always close-outs and cosmetically damaged items that you can save a lot of money when you order those. I always look for the damaged items when shopping on Amazon, and often get the same thing for half price just because the packing is damaged.