Oversized Clothes For Kids

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by remnant • Sep 2, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    One issue about kids when it comes to clothing is the fact that they tend to outgrow their clothes even before they have become worn out. This proves expensive in the long run. Its good to buy clothes a cut or two above their size so that their utility is prolonged. They are also more comfortable than fitting clothes since the body has ample room to maneouvre.

2. ashley0323

ashley0323Member

Threads:
    Yes, absolutely. I have three little girls and when I buy clothes, I always buy one size bigger. Once its washed and worn a few times, it seems to get small, plus, they grow so dang fast! At least if I buy them a little big, it doesnt appear that they dont have clothes that fit properly, too small.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I agree. You can actually save a lot if you do this but just be sure it will only be one size larger than the actual fit because if it's more than that, I don't think if it will still look good with kids wearing them. I do that as well when I buy clothes for my brother, especially with shoes. I always buy shoes that at least half an inch bigger so it won't hurt the feet and also so he can still use it for a long period of time.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I also think in that line too when buying clothes for kids it's okay to get them a little over sized clothes. Since they are still growing getting them clothes a little over size will help in ensuring they use the clothes a litte longer before outgrowing them. Another factor I also consider is not buying too expensive clothes for them at this stage as they are only going to wear them very temporarily.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember when I was young, my mother would usually buy clothes that are larger for our size. The reason is that we would outgrow the size so an oversized clothes can at least last longer. That is my mother's wisdom that I don't buy. I believe that children are growing it is the parents who should adjust. So when it comes to clothes, buy the size that fits so that the child will be comfortable. And when he outgrows the clothes, buy a new one with the new size. That's the price you pay for rearing a happy child.

6. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    We've always done that around our family and mostly because they grow into the oversized clothing rather quickly anyway. Loose clothes won't hurt them either but tight clothes will. You should especially watch out with shoes because those are the ones that hurt the most and I've found out that a children's foot grows very fast. One day they feel comfortable in their shoes and the next day, it's too tight. It's best to buy shoes that are 2 to 3 sizes larger but makes sure it's not too loose because it can rub against their skin and cause a sore.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    This is our common or usual problem with our 6 grandchildren before. We bought them clothes enough for their sizes and a matter of months those clothes couldn't fit them anymore. It is good that the next time around we would be buying an extra sizes for them so that they could those clothes a bit longer.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always bought 1 or 2 oversize clothes for my kid when he was younger because they grow too fast and what you buy today do not fit within 4-5 months. I always kept two sets of clothes one of them was for the use of outing which was fit for the occasion and another for long use purpose.

9. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Agreed, buying oversized would be economical for a fast growing baby. It's not that we do are on a tight budget but buying lots of clothes which won't be used a lot and would be outgrown is a waste of money.

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    That's true at @Working Buck@Working Buck it's not economical to buy kids a lot of clothes at once which they may not be able to maximally use before outgrowing them. But if the clothes were bought a little over sized for them that would help wearing for a longer time.

11. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, if they are a bit large then they would just do fine. They may be used for months or a year depending on how fast the baby grows. But I would not agree with clothes that are too large that the baby looks like a hip hop icon LOL!

12. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I actually do not buy oversized clothes, as my kids don't grow really fast and they might not feel comfortable wearing clothes that don't fit them well. I usually buy the clothes that are just suitable for them, and those are usually slightly bigger and not tight. My kids usually wear them for more than 6 months or 1 year. Perhaps my kids are smaller size. Since I have three kids, and I got many hands-me-down from my friends, so I don't usually buy clothes too.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    One or two sets of oversize clothes is okay but I won't buy all of them oversize lol. However there is a better use of clothes which your children cannot wear because they have overgrown them. We always gave to them to others in the family or close friends that accepted them happily. Buying them one or two oversize is okay for costlier clothes though.

14. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I thought everyone buy all the clothes oversize after reading the comments here. :p
    My kids do wear oversize clothes because they wear those clothes which are not theirs, say my second child likes to wear my first child's clothes even though they are bigger size. Since she found it comfortable, so I am fine with it. It's just that I always try to buy the clothes that fit them well since I usually only buy two sets of clothes a year during the new year.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    At first, this may even sound like a financial advantage but I think buying children's clothes thinking about it is a mistake that should be avoided. childhood is a time that goes by fast, not worth the "headache".

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's better to buy average clothes that fit children perfectly for next few months rather than buying a few number oversize which will fit them well after two years lol :). I must admit that we Indians buy too many clothes for different occasion which is like a wastage. We generally bought cheaper ones that fitted well and couple of clothes which lasted for next one year. Besides we get too many clothes as gifts from friends and relatives too.