Paid or Free games

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Peninha • Oct 16, 2014.

1. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    On my phone and my tablet I like more free games. There's a wide selection and most of the games are pretty good, and maybe it's because I'm kind of a cheapskate, but since I spend quite a lot in games for my handheld console, I don't feel like spending some for game apps.

2. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    I think we all prefer free games, I mean there are a lot of free games on the market that will keep you occupied so why would I pay for a little game, there are a lot more thing that require your money and I just think that a mobile game should be free. I know that developers work hard to release these games, but I think that the ads are enough for their venue.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    As a developer I would go for both but I would lean towards free. Since most people don't like paying for anything, it's better to just rely on simple ads or micro-transactions to get some revenue back rather than completely alienating your potential audience or shooing them to pirating your app which happens all the time.

4. Atlas_Hope

Atlas_HopeNew Member

Threads:
    Paid games are my preference, free games are generally just brief time wasters, something you'd spend 5 minutes on your lunch break on. Browser games can be enjoyable but are super casual and nice little distractions, whilst free mobile games are just inundated with mobile transactions and try to throw as many resources at you as possible to make you feel as if you're getting somewhere when 4 hours of your time could instead be reached with a dollar.

5. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I go for free apps. I never purchase apps or games for a reason. Although some of the free versions are riddled with ads I still don't think it's worth it for me to purchase games on my phone since I only play them to pass the time and not as something I would want to continue playing everyday.

6. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer free games I just cannot see myself taking the time to actually buy a game. What I do sometimes purchase is some things that I may need when I am playing the game but other than that I do not purchase games on the play store.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I would definitely use free games over the paid ones as most of them are quite useful and I would definitely love to own some of them I think paid games are a waste of money. I do not think they are quite that great.

8. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    When it comes to mobile I prefer Free. Free games usually aren't very polished and most of the time are very simple but fun. I don't really like Freemium games mainly because most developers will always find a way to make you pay to continue playing. Some developers even make the game virtually unplayable unless you pay something.

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really pay for games, specially when I know that I can find other alternatives to them that are free. Unless if I really like this particular game to the point that I would be willing to spend money just to get it. But that happens very rarely.

10. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    My son just got me hook on Candy Crush and I found it relaxing and time wasting at the same time. I won't pay for any game. There are so many good free games out there to entertain ourselves, without having to put out money. If I feel guilty for playing it too much, I will consider donating to the game developer. I am frugal, and free is good. I also don't want to be an addict to game either, and I will only play games while I wait at the doctor/dentist office.

11. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually had a decent amount of fun with both free and paid games on my phone, so I don't make a difference. If the game is good, I'll play it.

12. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to apps, I have to say that I don't think I've paid for one yet.
    I've found that most of the games or aplicationsthat i want to play or use, I can normally find a free version. With a bit of time and if you know what your after then I think anything can be downloaded without costing a penny.

13. Rowan

RowanNew Member

Threads:
    I have played many games. My favorite paid games are from the Modern Combat Series. My favorite free games are from the Dungeon hunter series.
    They are both great games.
    In modern combat it can be hard to get the hang of it if you are new to mobile fps games but it can become very fun.
    Dungeon hunter is free to play but it has the one thing that got rid of its pure 5/5 which you probably guessed is the energy bar. But don't let that hold you back from buying it. It has lots of energy to be used.
    If you like modern combat and think it's cool but don't want to buy it, you can use apps like Perk Tv, checkpoints, and app trailers. They are all easy to use.
    Have fun with these games.

14. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I only pay free games. Even though it is tempting to spend a dollar here and two dollars there, it would be easy to loose track of one's spending.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To me, it isn't at all tempting to pay for these games. The only games that I am alright paying for are well-developed, longer games. The type that one would play on a legitimate games console. The ones that are on smartphone platforms usually aren't worth money to me, and they usually require endless payments. There is no winning.

16. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    If we're talking about buying games from an app, then I've never purchased a gaming app. I prefer the free apps and I don't buy little extra stuff to get to the next level. No sir, not going to have me paying $50 dollars because I'm stuck on a level. Those little purchases of an extra life or whatnot add up, and I refuse to get caught up in any of that.

17. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    That would depend on the kind of game. If it's Android gaming, I usually just look for free games. PC gaming is a different story. I bought SIMS 4, which is actually the first PC game I bought because my brother usually just reinstalls games on my PC. I'm anticipating a sequel to Dying Light. It'll be released next year, I think.

18. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The games that annoy me are those game apps that sell themselves as free games, but are actually pay to win games. If you don't purchase in-game, you often cannot advance with the game, which is a real fun killer, and defeats the advertising that was proposed when you first installed the game. Stay away from these. People often pay and then the games server crashes, meaning that you lose everything that you paid for.

19. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I am all about the free games. I do just not think that the mobile games are really that impressive to warrant a purchase, for the most part at least. I also do not play them as often as others do, so I would not get as much use as a lot of other people, so you have to factor that in as well. The free ones have suited all my need thus far, so no complaints here. Thanks for sharing.

20. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too I like free games for now. I found playing at pch.com working towards prizes or money is great! I sometimes spend time at metv.com and facebook.com games. I like metv.com for they don't go on to ask you to pay later to continue to play. I found Mahjongg to play at facebook for free always, so it's great!