Paying For Games Is A Waste Of Money

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by luri • Aug 16, 2017.

1. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    I love watching many downloadable games. Unfortunately, most of the favorite games are paid for. I do pay for some of them, but I prefer those that are totally free. Paying money on any particular game can be very expensive. Free games are far much better.

2. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    My take would be that paying for phone games is wastage. This is because there exists many sites that offer the paid apps for free. For instance, some of the paid games in the Google Play store are readily available for free on sites like Blackmart. Downloading them on these alternative sites helps in saving a lot of money for gamers. On the other hand, there are console games like the FIFA 18. It is hard to get these on the black market. However, it is always wise to look for a dealer that has the consumers' interest at heart and has subsidized the prices.

3. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    If you are a gamer and gaming is your only option for entertainment, I don't think you can categorize paying for game as a waste of money. For a gamer paying for game is essential just like a move lover paying for netflix subscriptions of buying DVDs. However if you give priority to save money, you should focus on free games instead of paid games.

4. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    It is not a waste of money if it's worth your money. Buying "The last of us" and the reboot "Tomb Raider" is worth every penny I paid for. I enjoyed playing them, I made money streaming them and I am sure I got improvement on my hand and eye coordination because of them. Gaming is also much more better than drugs, cigar or alcohol when it comes to trying to forget your problems.

5. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Do keep in mind that whenever you pirate something, you're still paying for it in some way. I'm almost certain most cracks contain mining or other malware, steal and possibly sell your personal data, make your device a "bot" etc. I'm of the opinion that nothing comes free in life.
    Furthermore, cracked software gets updates late ( if it even gets them at all ), and often doesn't have certain capabilities that paid software does ( like multiplayer, for example ).

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would say to go with the free games for your android tablet or phone these days and then take them with you wherever you go. I think sales are down with the gaming consoles but they are not dead of course- I think advanced hardware has come along with these mobile devices-and lets face it -you really can't take the console out of the living room.

7. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I always download games that are free. I never pay games that costs money. Why would I pay money when there are a lot of free versions of games? I get it that we need to pay some apps because that's where the game company earns, but if it is not essential to my life, I would definitely not pay for it.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Those free games available are most probably old games which have been played over and over by enthusiastic games folks. I am not sure you'll easily get to play new games free. The producers of new games would have to make significant profit before they'll offer them for free. This is my view.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not really a frugal freak but why pay for games when there are so many free games out there? I remember my wife paying for the complete game of Disney’s Where’s My Water. It is a mobile game about a crocodile trying to get water. A simple but mentally invigorating game. My wife paid $2 for the complete game and after playing twice and finishing the game, no more excitement. That’s a neat lesson not to buy games.

10. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    The problem is mainly in that the free games just aren't very good, nor are they replayable. The fact is that people who invest a lot of time and /or money in making a game are going to want to be compensated. There are free to play games but they are usually microtransaction heavy or include ads. So I agree that people who play games rarely/occasionally probably shouldn't buy games, but for people who want to play the latest AAA games, spending money is a necessity.

11. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    When it comes to mobile gaming, I do think it can be a waste of money. Really the only time I feel you should really buy a game is if you are a good and well famed "Let's player" and have a good amount of fans by your side. At least then you could get a little money back from the amount of views and feedback you receive.