Paypal Vs Skrill: Which One Is Better?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by akshaychouhan785 • Oct 8, 2017.

1. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    Have never heard of skrill. All my transactions are done with Paypal; and so far, I haven't any reason to complain about their services because they are very good at what they do.

2. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I am not entirely sure if Skrill doesn't charge for transactions. While I was buying with the Paypal, it never charges for a transaction, but only for the withdraw or sending. If I sent money with the Paypal to anyone I make sure that I am the one paying the fee, but I get to know some people who were claiming they paid a fee, and I am not sure if this is true.
    I sent a ticket to the Paypal staff about this to check up.

3. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    I have never heard about skrill. It is good to know about other service, because I think that Paypal is a monopoly in services of online payment. I will test this "new" service, I expect brazilian stores accept this payment form.

4. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    That is true PayPal is charging for any transaction you make but PayPal is the most secure payment processor on the Internet. Maybe you will find some payment processors that will not charge you every time but their security may be lower and I would not trust any of them. I use Paypal since 2007 and they are the best, I prefer to pay a little more and my money is secure than paying less and lose my economies!

5. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I think that the Paypal has a selective fee policy. The Paypal charges some countries transactions more or less, depending in which country a recipient resides.
    I am not in favor of this policy, because I think that we all worth the same, but when you look at the economical differences where five dollars worth a fortune in some countries, no wonder why they decided to fee them more than US.

6. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I would suggest sticking with paypal. I haven't really heard of skrill nor do I think there are many online shops that accept it. Paypal seems to be a more safer and well-known alternative. For the transactions, I would just try to use your regular bank card instead or just want until you have enough money in your account to apply for a paypal debit card.

7. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I have an account with both PayPal and Skrill. It is true that Skrill is cheaper in terms of currency conversion deductions but all the same, I love PayPal. I believe it is the most secure payment processor. You have to agree that it also looks better than any other processor out there. To help you with your choice between the two, here is a list of the pros and cons you may experience.
    PayPal

Pros

1. It is very flexible You can make and receive payments to and from various merchants using your PayPal balance.
    2. Easy access to funds. Withdrawals are processed within 3 business days for people who have linked their bank accounts or even their credit cards
    3. It is very secure.
    4. In case of disputes with merchants, your payment can be returned if you feel that a product you bought via PayPal does not meet your expectation or was falsefully advertised.

Cons
    1. Relatively high fees. PayPal charges 2.9% and an additional $0.30 on any funds transacted on it.
    2. Freezes. Paypal can freeze your account at any time for almost no reason. When they find the amount of money being transacted to be suspicious, your account can be freezed. They can also freeze your account when the items being sold or bought are obscene, or when they consider the items obscene.

Skrill

Pros
    1. They don't charge a dime for credit card processing. Since they don't require you to link credit cards they does not charge payments made through credit cards. This helps in preventing credit fraud.
    2. Withdrawals are also convenient. You can withdraw your balance at any time through skrill to your bank account.
    3. It does not have as many restrictions as PayPal and other payment processors.
    4. The transaction charge is a maximum of $0.25 per any transaction, no matter how much the money involed is, which is very cheap. Compared to PayPal it is virtually free.

Cons
    1. Skrill is not accepted as a method of payment in many countries. This is why it s not as popular as PayPal.
    2. The security of your money is not assured when using skrill. It does not have the support of many banks.

8. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest, Paypal is so much better than Skrill. I've been using Paypal as my payment option for years now and I have never experienced any problems with Paypal. Also, I don't think some online shops will accept Skrill because it's not familliar to them. Paypal has always been a payment option for online shopping so I would always go for Paypal.