Pet Grooming Is Getting Expensive

Discussion in Pets started by Alexandoy • May 3, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to bring our dogs to the grooming salon. But we stopped going to the salon when the cost have gone up to $8 because we think it is exorbitant. My wife does the bathing and grooming at home. But last weekend, we again tried the salon just for old time’s sake. But not with our 3 dogs, it is just a trial so we had 1 dog groomed. It was okay but we were kind of surprised with the charge of $10. Gee, that’s pretty expensive for a shampoo and hair trimming. Now we are glad that we are bathing our dogs at home and we also do the once in a while trimming. It’s a nice thought to realize that we are saving a lot of money.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Right, it's often cheaper to do things yourself. For instance, when it comes to uploading a certain software package, as I sort of mentioned in another thread, you would pay the parent company 40 USD to do a job that I can do easily in less than 20 minutes. Anyway, as you say, pet grooming can be another one of those things.

#2May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I think if your dog is really high maintenance then I guess pet grooming is essential, especially if they have thick and long fur that needs to be trimmed. But if not, then the owners should just simply bathe and groom their dogs at home so that they can save some money. I remember we had a Cocker Spaniel before, and his long ears was a nuisance since it regularly gets dirty, but we just cleaned his ears on our own and he never got a taste of going to the doggie parlor.

4. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Buying the products for grooming your self will really save you a lot of money and you will also have a better bond with your pet because you did the grooming your self. Buy nail clippers for your dogs, clipping their nails will make them feel more relaxed and less stressed.

5. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I heard this, my friend, saying this like the pet grooming services have been hiked up and she is doing everything on her own. I think doing all these grooming activities saves us a lot of money. :)

6. Leekiam

LeekiamNew Member

Threads:
    Right, grooming your pets on your own not only saves money but also serves as a bonding time with your pets. With lots of pet grooming services issues around I would rather pamper them myself. You can always watch youtube tutorials on how to groom them properly.

7. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Luckily both my dogs don't need too much grooming as they have short fur. They have a bath when they start to get smelly. when I was in Africa with Loopyloo she would shower every day. If I started to run myself a bath her and Sasha would jump into it before I got the chance to. That was so they could cool off though. I brush them regularly and check in their ears, eyes, nose and mouth and cut their dew claws for them but other than that, they don't need any grooming. That means I save money on taking them to a salon as if it were a long haired breed I would need to.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Dog grooming costs $10 in our area. Thankfully, with her short fur, my dog requires less maintenance. Even then. she's used to her daily baths. I invested on a large nail clipper for dogs as well as a dog shampoo that can be used numerous times and they only cost me the equivalent of one session at the pet groomer's shop. By bathing and grooming her right at home, I don't just save on the grooming fees but on the gas as well.

9. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    In India sadly pets do not get much attention Dogs for example are more treated as watchdogs. Little surprise then we do not have grooming salons for pets.
    I am a pet lover and we do everything for Preiti ourselves. She is brushed everyday and bathed once in fifteen days as she does not have long hair. I see that she eats well and gets her regular exercise. She has a Vet that loves her.

10. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    This is million dollar market. Training and grooming is increasing in some of the expensive cities. As you can see people are paying a lot for this type of service. It may not be high paid in small cities. But based on what I have seen it'd be reasonable to say that pet grooming has it's set of market benefits.

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Getting might be a qualifying word here, because I was always under the impression that it has been expensive since it was introduced, meaning I would rather just do it myself. Prices do rise though, but hopefully not too much for those who need it.