Phone, Internet Or Face-to-face Banking?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by ExpertAdvice • Jan 21, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Which is your most effective and most used method of conducting your banking business?

Is it via phone, internet or do you prefer face-to-face interaction with your banker?

I, personally, appreciate the ease and convenience of conducting my banking on the internet, as it "eliminates the middle man", without me having to expend any extra physical effort, or use up my car's gas, just to head to the bank.
    I also love the phone, as it allows me to literally be mobile with my banking, so that I can still get my business done even when I'm travelling or on vacation!

But I still can't forsake the value of human, face-to-face interaction, because in the event that I have some perplexing questions that haven't been pre-set into a virtual machine, it really helps when my banker can answer them for me, or at least field them to a higher authority, aka the manager.

So, what is it for you? Which is your best mode of conducting your banking? Phone, Internet or Face-to-Face?

online banking.

2. xHysteria

xHysteriaNew Member

Threads:
    I usually do my banking on the internet on my computer at home. It's just because of all the security settings I have already set on my computer allows me ease of use without any un-authorised connections. (These are usually when bills are low amounts). If it's a high amount then I usually do person to person since it's ALOT more safer.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Without a doubt, without even having to think about it; online banking is the best thing since sliced bread! I absolutely love the convenience of never having to set foot in different service providers' offices like we used to, to pay my bills. I now live in my country of Botswana after many years in the UK; people are still so far behind and internet banking hasn't quite caught on! You see so many people queuing up all the time, and I feel sorry for them! But some of them know about internet banking, why they don't use it is a mystery to me!

4. JulianWilliams

JulianWilliamsMember

Threads:
    I don't like phone banking because it's too risky. You might lose your phone and then you might get into some pretty big trouble. I don't like face to face baking because I am restricted to their opening hours and I have to physically go there and wait in line
    Online banking for me. That's my preference. It's simple and painless.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I don't do any phone banking. Just doesn't interest me and sounds risky. I do most of my banking online as I found it the most convenient and hassle free way to handle my banking needs. Love how easy it is to check my funds, transfer money, etc. Just couldn't be happier with it. At times, I'll need to go down to the local branch and ask for something, or withdraw money. But that's rarely.

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love internet banking. It's a lot more convenient. I seldom make face-to-face banking. I only do it when I need to deposit a considerable amount of cash. I find face to face banking too much of a hassle. I'm able to get all my needs through internet banking. I can check my balance, pay bills and stuff using only my computer. :)

7. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I have been banking with USAA for as long as I can remember. The only physical branch they have in the country is in San Antonio Texas, and I've never been there. I was perfectly happy throughout college to do all my banking over the phone and through the mail (their customer service is bar none). Now, I am very happy with their website AND their phone app, which is awesome. We still call them periodically with questions (usually investment related) and I'm always pleasantly reminded that they are still #1 for customer service.

8. Eiko

EikoMember

Threads:
    I enjoy mobile and banking online. I just like the ease-of-access as well, it makes is almost effortless to check your balance, make transfers or make purchases at the touch of a finger (or mouse). Of course I still use physical banking in order to deposit checks and cash, but I'd much prefer using internet.

9. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I usually used online banking for any business and personal transaction that I have. It is very convenient and and comfortable for an on the go person like me. At first I am hesitant to used it because of security reasons but my bank assures me that online banking is very secure so i tried it and now Im enjoying it.

10. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely the internet. If I don't need to speak to anyone I won't speak to anyone. There's no need to do so. To be as efficient and effective as possible, the internet serves a great purpose.

11. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Internet banking and via a stand alone mobile app from my bank. Its by far the most convenient way to handle your money.

I still know a lot of people that prefer face to face and actually going to a local branch but that's mainly because of the security aspect that they don't trust.

I think most financial websites and apps are as safe and secure as they can be so I tend not to worry too much about that side of things. Your own online security is mostly common sense, anything else that happens on the banks side of things they're quick to sort out.

12. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    While it is definitely more convenient to do your banking online and on the phone, I always prefer doing face to face banking. It seems like human interaction is almost becoming extinct nowadays, so I like to talk to other human beings, regardless of what the situation is.

13. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I have the agree with most of people here: Internet Banking is probably the best thing banks have developped. It's very convenient to pay your bills, check how much money has come/gone out of your account, all of it without leaving your comfortable chair! Although where I live I must pay around $3 to have this kind of convenience, I've got used to it, it's more worthwhile than having to stay in endless queues.

14. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    I prefer the online banking and phone access because of the convenience. I know a lot of people are still hesitant about using the option, but it's very beneficial for those who can't always physically go to a bank all the time. I recommend the option highly.

15. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Online banking for me. I’ll still do face-to-face banking if I need to, such as when I need to deposit cash. But online banking is convenient, it’s free, I can do it in my pajamas, and it’s the easiest way for me to get my Paypal payments. Hands down winner.

16. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    It's internet banking for me, and only on my laptop. My bank sends a one-time-pin on my cellphone and I need to encode that along with my account password. That's an added security because hackers can't get through my bank account and cellphone at the same time. I use internet banking to pay utility bills, credit card bills, and to transfer funds to other accounts.

I still need to do branch banking to make deposits and to apply for and receive a new atm card.

17. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I would prefer mobile banking which I can do from the comfort of my seat. Not only is it convenient especially during odd times when banks are closed but it saves money in terms of transport if the bank is not easily accessible from your location. Loan facilities offered on this platform are also easier to access compared to the case in face to face banking.

18. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I use the internet for most of my businesses or banking. It's the most convenient way but there are times in which we would need face-to-face conversation to get things done. Online banking is very convenient but it isn't always reliable. There can be many errors and misunderstandings online sometimes.

19. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I live in an area where there is a bank within walking distance only, plus another bank that's only 15 minutes away if you walk towards it, so it's not really that much of a hassle if I do my banking face to face. The only hassle that I can see is when I arrive there and there are many other people in line making deposits and other transactions. So I have to arrive there as soon as the bank opens to avoid long lines.

20. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I usually do mobile and internet banking. It saves a lot of time. I prefer doing online banking than going to the counter. However, there are still some things which can only be accomplished after a visit to the bank.