Phones That Have Long Battery Life

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by moneymania • Apr 29, 2017.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I noticed that with Android phones, the battery drains really fast, even with just taking calls. I always have to plug it if I'm going to chat with a friend even if the battery is around 50% up when she calls, because I know that it will drain after some time. On the other hand, non-Android phones seem to last longer, it can be on for days on standby or even with just minimal use, like listening to music or taking photos. So I think that if you want a longer lasting phone, you must look for older models that run on Symbian or Java so that you won't be charging your phone 2 to 3 times a day like what I do to my Android phone.

2. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    I totally agree with you. Smartphones (Android) really drain fast. I normally charge 5-6 times on a daily basis. This means I have to carry my charger everywhere. I think that the Symbian/Java phones have longer battery lives. I have seen one that comes as a phone, it has a torch and it is a power bank by itself. When fully charged, it stays up to a week. I think if Android phone manufacturers improved the battery life of the phones it would do us more than good. Already there are some making phones with 5000 mah. Although it's a good gesture, it is not yet able to last 3 days. We need smartphones that can at least go for a week.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Smartphones usually have 3-5 days battery life tops if not being used in a regular basis simply because of the applications and the display which drains the battery faster compared with basic phones with smaller display and limited applications. My smartphone can last up to 4 days since I don't use it often, but when I do (text, call, stream, games), it will only last a day.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail 4 days? Which brand is that? Actually, I also noticed this way back when phones aren't colored yet. If I use Smart, the phone seems to still withstand the 1 bar meter when calling than Globe does. Now fast forward to the present time. If I surf the net continuously using Smart, it lasts for 4 hours. When using Globe, it lasts for 3 hours or a little less than 3 hours. So the network that we use also plays a part in battery drain, believe it or not. You should observe it sometime on a single sim phone.

Also, I guess touch screens eat up more battery than those phones that aren't, since the touch function will eat up more power than just pressing buttons.

#4Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've been a user of Samsung for many years and smartphones really have a long life with regard to batteries. This is great because it makes the consumer save a good money with possible problems like frequent batteries replacements.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My Samsung SIII consumes too much power that one full charge lasts only less than a day. My phone is usually for internet use and a friend said that the display of websites eat a lot of power for their colors. But whatever it is, be it the websites or other reason, the issue is the low battery at the end of the day. I bought 2 spare batteries and an independent charger so I can continue using my phone when charging the first battery. Worse, charging takes too long, often overnight. It’s really a big help when someone suggested that independent charger and extra battery.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania I'm using an LG smartphone with 3200mah and been using it since 2015 but I can say that its battery life is still superb :) Yes touchscreen phones are power-hungry because of their display, especially those that have huge screens. That's why some people choose to buy powerbanks or a spare battery instead of buying a spare phone to solve battery issues with smartphones.

#7Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One day I'm going to get myself a flip phone, so I came by to learn about smarphones. I love flip phones, but am interested in learning about smartphones too. I guess it's good to get a phone that recharges fast and recharges less. I like the quality smarphones photo taking has, so much better than my Vivitar that was cheap and needs very good lighting for good pictures, but no flash. It's nice to see photos from smartphones for it's so clear. I see them on sale and see deals on commercials, but there is more to them than meets the commercials, lol! Thanks everyone, learned a lot.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail, Yeah for some people they would just opt to buy powerbanks, but having a phone that can be on standby for 14 days at the most is better than constantly bringing your powerbank. I have an old school Nokia 1110i and it can withstand days of heavy texting without charging and it lasts 2 weeks on standby mode only. So my touch screen phone serves as my "internet phone" and the Nokia phone as the one for communication, like texting and calling.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A power bank is one of the things that we can use. It is just one of the ways to keep your phone charged. It is one of the many options that you need if you want to keep your phone working correctly. Many people will use their power banks to charge their phones. I haven't tried one, but since i have an Android it might be useful.

11. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Right :) My hubby has his own basic phone as well, alongside with his smartphone. He uses his smartphone for internet, games and streaming while his basic phone is for texting and calling and it can really last longer than smartphones. There's a new released phone from Nokia which is the new 3310 and people are going crazy about it. I'm a fan of the old 3310 because it's one of my first phones and it's really a durable one. I'm just not sure if the new 3310 is similar to the old one in terms of durability.

#11Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail, I have seen local sellers of the new 3310 selling it for very cheap in Facebook, only at P650. And when asked if what they're selling is original, they said no, lol but a lot were still interested in buying it because it's so cheap. For P650, you can't go wrong, right? I think the box only has charger as the accessory, if I remember correctly.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    What do you mean by you have to plug the charger if you having 50% battery on your phone during calls? For me my phone can stand up for more than one day even with high usage. If I am having 50% on my phone then I can use it for almost 10 to 12 hours. You should change your phone if you are getting that bad battery performance. Or change the battery of the phone with original battery to have better performance.

14. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, My phone can last up to 4 hours talktime only, so when the battery is half-drained already I have to charge it so that the conversation with my friend will not be interrupted. The battery still works fine, it's just that my unit can only last up to 4 hours of calls as also stated in gsmarena.com.

15. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Smartphone batteries drain fastly as we have lots of apps and background apps running without our knowledge which silently kills the battery power. Whereas in the basic model mobiles we don't have that many applications to run so it lasts longer. Also, it depends on the usage.

16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Which phone you are using. GSM arena whatever state is kind of talking on phone for straight 4 hours. Do you use your phone for calling that much? Otherwise it can stand for long. I have 4000mah battery in my phone and with internet, calling and other usage too it can stand for one and half day. I guess you need to upgrade your phone if your usage is more.

#16Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  17. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, I'm actually using an old Xperia model, it's a qwerty phone, the Xperia X10 Mini Pro. I actually love the qwerty because I tried to use the touch screen pad when the phone is not in slide up mode, and I find that using the touch screen to type can be quite time-consuming and straining to the hands when typing long messages, so I'm not that eager to buy a new one since all the models now are pure touch screen.

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Well, typing on touch screen is surely not easy. And I can understand you may face even more trouble as you are not used to of it at all. But even if not now, in future you may need to upgrade. Never mind, if you will take phone with big screen around 5 to 5.5 inch, then typing with big screen will be not that hard. And after getting used to of it you can type easily with good speed.

#18Jun 27, 2017
  19. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Really? A 3310 for $13-$15? Well people will definitely be interested with that kind of price for a phone but they should also consider it's quality knowing that it's not authentic. In my case, I would never buy cheap quality products even if the price is so low. It's better to get high quality products even if they are a bit expensive. At least you're assure that you can use it for a long period of time :)

#19Jun 27, 2017
  20. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, I did consider buying a new phone, although I'm deliberating because I already have too many phones of old models since just around 2 yrs. ago I started buying old models of phones, 2nd hand and those refurbished ones on Ebay for my collection lol and now I realize, "What am I gonna do with my 12 phones aside from them being a part of my collection?" so I'm holding back buying a new one.

@Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail, Oh some people were even ordering 2 and some wanted to be a reseller. It comes in a box though so it looks genuine. Well the phone is simple so maybe it will last like most simple phones even if it's fake. I think it would be a good phone for young kids if their parents don't want their kids to own a smartphone yet.