Pictures at school

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Peninha • Oct 13, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    More or less once a year a photographer goes to my kids school and take group and individual pictures. I think this is a good practice that gives good souvenirs, so I always buy them. Is this a practice where you live too? Do you buy the pictures?

2. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    I do not always buy the packages because there a little expensive. I can take pictures of her and it would be cheaper of course if I do it it will not be professional done. I use to be able to get them cheaper at Walmart , but they closed down all of those photo places. If you don't mind the cost then it is a good souvenir, and a way to track how they grow and change every year.

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    School pictures are getting to be expensive (surprisingly). During my school days there's only 1 class picture but now there's the regular class picture, the "wacky" class picture, the single photos and from time to time also a batch picture. I thought that pictures are becoming less and less expensive due to technology but somehow people can still get ideas to make it otherwise. Anyway, I still buy every single school picture for remembrance sake. :)

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My poor kid took the pictures yesterday, it was really hot for some strange reason, but he was with a pretty hot sweater her mother dressed him lol, so he stayed all day with it because the photographer was there all day as well. He's a good boy. :)

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    We have school pictures twice a year, one of those times including individual and class/group pictures (and the yearbook ones) and the other just individual. I really don't think they're worth the money- they charge a ridiculous amount and sometimes you don't even get to see how the pictures turned out before you agree to buy a certain package! Just as easy to take some nice photographs on your own and save yourself the money.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That was the case at my younger kid's school, the pictures were over priced and with low quality (just too much photoshop), but in the school of my older kid it's the opposite, it's cheaper and the quality is better, so I am buying them every year.

7. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    My son is 9 years old and he takes school pictures every year since he was in the first grade. Most of the time I purchase the pictures because I have lots of family and they are always looking forward to the school pictures. I lot of times if I don't like the picture packages or prices, I opt to pay for just the class picture and go take a family picture and a single picture of my son at a local photography place that has way better packages and background options.

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, we have this in my area, but I don't really care for it. The pictures aren't the best (some have been terrible), and I think the prices are way too inflated for the packages they offer. I can take pictures myself and have more prints made, or get the packages offered at stores or studios. I would like to have the actual school pictures, but unfortunately, they just are not worth it most of the time.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's not exactly the case Zyni, when we take the pictures ourselves we usually don't print them. More, they are not made in the school environment with all the class mates and they don't come in a calendar shape, so I like this packed a lot. :)