Planning 4th of July

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Adrean J • Apr 30, 2014.

1. Adrean J

Adrean JNew Member

Threads:
    The 4th of July holiday is coming up soon and I want to impress and basically WOW, my in-laws. This will be the first year that we entertain them and I want everything to be perfect. I am trying to find out where to get some nice, but affordable decorations. I am also looking into finding a red white and blue theme that has not been overdone. I know I can find ideas on pinterest, but was looking for other avenues. Please supply some suggestions or some ideas on things you have done in the past that were a hit.

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I am sure you will be able to pull something together perfectly! It's awesome because you're planning ahead.

Pinterest is awesome, but you can always look at magazines and magazine websites; they sometimes show nice, modern stuff that you might not have seen before and that isn't hard to pull off.

Also, consider walking around your favorite dollar stores. I'm not saying that you should do the whole get-up in dollar store garb (although there is nothing wrong with that), but you can get affordable pieces from these stores to make an even more exciting and attractive bash.

3. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with LindaKay. Walk around the dollar stores, and Micheal's which is the arts and crafts type decorations store. You will discover inexpensive ways to decorate. Now, I wonder if you will have a lawn party which is what most of us call a barbeque or cookout. Will you cook outside?

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Dollar Tree! They have lots of decorations for super cheap.

Don't be afraid to dip into any stockpiles you have from different holidays to help supplement, by the way. For example, Christmas colors are red and green, so you may already have more 'red' items than you realize!