Plans For Easter?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by kaka135 • Mar 26, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Easter falls on 16 April which is very soon. I do not really celebrate Easter, but I always like to take this opportunity to introduce this festival to my children by telling them the stories and having activities with them. Easter Egg Hunt is always their favorite.

Do you celebrate Easter? What do you usually do for Easter?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was a little girl we colored eggs and had egg hunts. We watched a lot of religious movies on TV at Easter time and prayed and was very thankful. As I'm older now a Senior Citizen we don't have children at our home, so it's rather quiet at Easter. When Pres. Obama was pres. he had a big celebration with the First Lady Michelle and many children for Easter.

[​IMG]

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    During easter around here, there are several restaurants/buffets that heavily discount their entries. During this time, my family takes advantage of these offers and that's what we do. Places like John's Pizza Company, HomeTown Buffet, and Sirloin Stockade usually give people some good deals so I would recommend searching around for some earnings. Also, museum tickets are free around this time of year.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I still have nothing decided but ideas are popping up in my mind (and in the minds of my friends). :p

Probably we will travel - we are already seeing the ticket prices - to some place that has a lot of sun and beautiful beaches. I believe it will be a perfect Easter with lots of chocolates and fun to celebrate.

5. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe Yes, I think it is also a good time to teach our children to be thankful and remind ourselves as well. Coloring eggs is fun. I think I did it once with my oldest son, but not so successful as I was trying to make natural dye. I will try it again.

The big celebration with Obama sounds fun. I wonder what big Easter celebration there is in United States this year. :)

It sounds like a good time to dine out and travel! :)

#5Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2017