Pops-A Dent

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by footballtim • Aug 24, 2012.

1. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I have known for years that most 'As Seen of TV' items are scams, and that most of the good reviews you read about them are written by people who are hired to write the reviews. But the biggest joke of an 'As Seen on TV' item I ever saw was the Pops-A Dent. It is a gadget that uses a small plunger to pull an automobile dent into place, and it claims that it makes the dent look like new. I could not believe anyone would be so foolish as to buy something like this. Even if it pulled the dent out, how could a plunger make a car dent look like it never happened? But I am sure enough people out there bought it and made the scam artists very rich.

2. TNSabrina

TNSabrinaMember

Threads:
    My car got some hail damage last year, so my husband and I bought the Pop a Dent. It did not work for any of the small dents. The dents were from dime to quarter size. My husband has a bigger dent on his old Ford truck though, and it did seem to somewhat help the bigger dent. It popped it out some, but not as good as the advertisements claim.

3. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I haven't had any experience with these product personally, but some people have told me it only works on small dents. The larger ones have to get professionally done it order to get fixed.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried this product before, but when I saw the commercial I didn't believe it works. There's just something about it that makes me think it's false. I'm sure if you use the pops-a-dent you will do more harm than help. Things like that should be taken to a professional that way if they mess up you can sue to get your car fixed properly.