Post Valentine's Day Sales

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Zyni • Feb 10, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a bit early for this one yet, but I had to bring it up. I just remembered that I had purchased some items last year when they went on sale after the big day. I got some great deals, yet they wouldn't be that great of deals if I forgot to use the stuff now would they? :p

Did you pick up anything cool last year that you can use this Valentine's Day? Will you shop the post-holiday sales once February 14th has come and gone?

I've also found that some of the heart day stuff works good for other occasions. Pink and red and hearts and flowers can work for birthdays and other occasions too, as long as it doesn't say Valentine's Day on it.

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I do tend to buy things in the post Valentine's Day sale. I don't necessarily buy things for Valentine's Day though. I tend to get things like tissue paper that tend to be available around Valentine's Day. They often have packs of red, pink and white, and various shades of those, available and provided they're plain and don't have anything written on them I'll buy them. They can certainly be used at other occasions besides Valentine's Day.

I'll also buy the little craft kits you can get for children. They often have bits and pieces in them that can be used throughout the year not just heart related things. I've been able to get things that I could use at Easter for example.

It's also a good time of year to get some cheaper flowers after the big day is over. I don't often buy flowers for the house generally but when they're really cheap it can be worth it to have some flowers around the house. It makes it feel more like spring I think. I suppose this isn't really a saving as such because most of the time I just wouldn't bother buying flowers, but I suppose once in a while it can be nice to treat ourselves too! Especially when they're at a bargain price!

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well for as much as the whole Valentine's Day shopping surge tends to annoy me, I was able to get a whole load of candy for some really cheap prices this year so I cannot say that I am too upset with the whole season this year. I work with children so I always try to have candy on hand, and of course I sneak some myself, and I think I just saved a bunch for a while here.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is funny. We don't celebrate Valentine's Day ever since so I should not expect something from my husband. And true to my expecation, there was nothing, huh. But yesterday, he noticed a store with the signage that says post-Valentine's sale. As I was in the other store, my husband entered that store with a sale and came out with a perfume that he bought for a big discount. When we arrived home, he presented it to me but no mention of Valentine's.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually today in a store they had all Valentines things reduced. I bought a nice mug saying 'Be my valentine' for 30p (about 50 cents), and a mug is always useful. I do wonder who buys this kind of stuff though, in my case it's a practical item that is cheap.

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I just took advantage of post valentine sales just yesterday. I found some candy and a couple of Ty Beanie Boos for 50% off. There was not much left but it was enough for my children. I try not to buy too much candy for them at Valentines because they get enough in school with their parties.