Purchasing Discounted Items Close To Expiring.

Discussion in Expired Deals started by kamai • Oct 22, 2016.

1. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    I would do so, considering the price and other factors are just right for my needs at the moment. You always have to ask yourself if such a discounted clearance, last-minute sale will benefit you as much as it will benefit the seller? If so, then why not go for it?

2. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    There are some things, some products, that I don't buy because they are too expensive and I refuse to pay that value for them. Whenever they have a discount it's my opportunity to have them, and this happens sometimes with expiry date products like bread. It's as good as with a larger period of validity.

3. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    Even with the stated discount, some items are just unbelievably and ridiculously over-priced. Not even the sellers themselves could afford to buy their own products on such terms. It's ridiculous to think about, but it's all so true. How could they expect their consumers to purchase anything from them at all?

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    There are shops that over do it yes, but I don't go to those shops. I just go to the shops where I can afford the items or else what's the point in going there? Also, I have a sharp eye for discounts and promotions, many times all it takes is paying attention and we are saving money by spotting a discount or a promotion.

5. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    Also keep in mind the fact that last-minute coupons typically do not exist in such scenarios. For example, if an item is being marked as a clearance item, then no additional coupons or discounts may generally be applied here. You cannot kill two birds with a stone, in this sense.

6. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Ha, that's another thing, sometimes I have a coupon that is added to those discount, so I end up bringing the product almost for free. Sometimes I joke saying that one day they will pay me to bring the products! :D Other times they do mention those promotions are not cumulative though.

7. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    During my childhood days there were shops that used to invite kids to buy discounted items, we didn't why they were sold on discount. If given some allowances we used to go to these shops and when lucky we were able to save part of our allowances. This happened for sometime until one seller sold to us cakes that had already expired. Anyone who ate them was admitted to the hospital and we were really sick. I no longer buy such items.

8. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think we have such risk @ptahm22@ptahm22 simply because we are not buying expired items, but items close to expiry date. So the items are perfectly good, but in some days they might go bad, so we need to consume them really fast, that's all.

9. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    It's just that I fear something like that would happen again although I nowadays companies are extra careful. I know the risk is no longer there but I prefer to not buy this discounted items.

10. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes we can even see the products, like in the case of bread that I mentioned above, and in that case there is no room for mistakes as we can see with our own eyes if it's good or not. It's just a matter of common sense most of the times though.

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    If the items are food stuffs or medicine and are close expiry date I wouldn't buy them even if they come with heavy discounts. The kind of products I'd look at buying here are non edible things. I may look at buying beauty, washing or cleaning items that are close to expiration.

12. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Why do you say that about edibles @tonyb@tonyb? They are perfectly good and I've bought them a number of times, so it's good quality food at cheap price, it's a very favorable situation. Sometimes chemicals can go bad and cleaning items can be worse than foods.

13. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    I have tried Amazon and I have tried E-bay. I honestly do not see why people seem to prefer Amazon over E-bay these days. The sick deals I have gotten off of E-bay make Amazon's cheapest discount clearance prices look like an absolute joke. I mean, it was the best!

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Well I believe it must have stayed for a quite long time before it gets near expiration time @to7update@to7update which wouldn't appeal to me any longer. As much as possible I like to eat fresh stuffs or be sure the expiration date is still quite far when I am buying food or edibles.

15. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Back in the days we didn't have any expiration dates, we just eat anything we saw as long as it looked good, tasted good and had no mold. Sure, some products these days expire faster and have bad chemicals, but some of them are still good after expiring the date.