Purchasing Toys off Online Sites?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by kingusama92 • Apr 28, 2012.

1. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Ever tried it?

Good experiences or bad?

Is it a worthwhile experience? I usually avoid making significant purchases online as I like having a feel of the item prior to purchase. However, I think toys are probably a safe item to buy online.

I don't know if I would buy one of this ride on trucks online, but an action figure or a toy gun would be fine. At least, it saves some time from having to get up and go to the store (lazy me).

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I prefer to buy toys in stores, as my two granddaughters are 5 years old and 18 months. I like to see and touch what I'm buying, and make sure there are no sharp or loose bits, and see the size of the toys in relation to the girls. Also, so many stores have toys on sale these days that there are some great bargains to be had.

3. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I go to the store and check out the product, then look to see if there is a better price on-line. There are quite a few apps that let you scan a barcode to see if there is a site offering a better price on the same item.

4. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    Most of the toys I have purchased online have met my expectations. I try to find the "warehouse deals" so the price is greatly reduced since the toy was discontinued by the manufacturer, etc. For instance, I was able to purchase a toy helicopter that flies 30 ft indoors just like a real helicopter with no wire attached and costs less than $26. The original price was $126 and I found it listed for much more on some other web sites. I like getting a bargain. Who doesn't! I found the helicopter at:

if you are interested. Here's a photo of it:
    Helicopter SymaS107.

#4May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  5. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I've bought a couple of things from the Toys R Us online store, and I did have an overall pleasant experience. I bought those Annoying Orange toys from them, since our local Toys R Us didn't have them in stock at all.

6. Rob

RobMember

Threads:
    It's okay to buy toys online, but I would really avoid buying toys from chinese sites even if they offered free worldwide shipping.
    I'm pretty sure most of those toys aren't tested and they may have toxic paints or other hazardous materials in them.

7. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any young children to buy toys for anymore. However if I were to go shopping for toys, I wouldn't do it online. I would take the child to the shop and let him have fun choosing his toy. Buying toys at the shop is one of my childhood memories and I want the children to have such memories, too.

8. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I shop for toys online often. I love online shopping. I find it so much easier and more convenient than having to go to the store to pick something out. Especially with something like toys. As long as I know the name of what I want to buy, I do it online.

9. adolf

adolfNew Member

Threads:
    In my opinion it is a safe to buy toys online. Nowadays many people love to buy toys online for their kids. There are lots of online stores offering toys with huge discount and people can buy the same toys at better price.

#9May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  10. Scarletpyxi

ScarletpyxiMember

Threads:
    I do this a lot, and I have found that there are more coupons available from store's websites to reduce the prices and that Ebay has some amazing deals on toys. Amazon often has toys that are more difficult to find as well, which can be really helpful if you need that one specific thing for a birthday or Christmas gift.

11. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I have made several purchases of toys on eBay and all went smooth. The technique here is to really choose a seller properly. Don;t rush things. Read all the important details about the seller and how will he make the payment. Also you can check for the feedbacks. Bottomline is just you really have to be careful on purchasing items online.

12. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I have purchased a few toys online with no problem. Mostly through Amazon. I prefer however to purchase toys in stores because sometimes you can find them cheaper or on sale. You also don't have to worry about waiting for them to arrive or pay shipping costs.

13. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to shop IRL if only because I like to let the kids pick out their own stuff. They enjoy it and I like the way their faces light up, you know?

14. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't recommend you to buy online unless you are sure that the toys are original and does not contain lead. Lead is very harmful to kids. I suggest you buy toys in respected and trusted toy shops so that you can be sure that the toys are lead-free and safe for your kids. It is also important to check the components of the toy for choking hazards.

15. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I've bought plenty of toys online. It's easy enough to look at it at a store, and go home and buy it for cheaper online.

16. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    For the most part I have had bad experiences with these toys I have bought. Now I am more cautious with what I am buying online because of these experiences. A good example is I have bought my son a remote controlled helicopter. It broke after the first use and could not be fixed!

17. Lucian

LucianNew Member

Threads:
    I always have great experience with different online shopping from coupon cabin and ezcoupon search .

18. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    I buy everything online pretty much, even toys. They are often much cheaper online and I like to take my time and browse from my own home rather than having to go to the store and look all around then having to stand in a line. I also have amazon prime so I can get anything shipped free via two day shipping or overnight for just $2. It is well worth it.

19. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, I buy toys and gadgets and practically everything other than groceries online now. The prices are so much more competitive and you can buy from anywhere in the world. One does have to trust the online store though, so once you find one that you trust, it is good. I have even received refunds promptly when not happy, which is rare. I do LOVE online shopping. (-: Be safe, secure and savvy and you will be smiling.

20. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to buy toys in actual stores as toys can be bulky most times and shipping is not cheap. I think my son prefers it too, because he gets to feel the toy first before we purchase it. Feeling it is so much different that just seeing it on your computer screen. And my son gets a high everytime he's in a toy store. It's just fun to watch him, eyes-glittering and almost-drooling, as he goes over every toy that catches his fancy.