Qualities You Look For In A Game

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Kaushik Angara • Dec 15, 2016.

1. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    Hello there! There are tons and tons of games out there in the app store for Android, Windows, and Apple users. Amidst all those games, how do you find the game of your choice. Of course, there are some popular ones but how do you come across a game that interests you the most? What factors do you look for in a game?

I also want to know how much time do you spend on an average in a day playing mobile and PC games. Do you believe games act as stress busters and help you feel re-energized?

2. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree on your stress reliever comment on games. I usually play a lot of MOBA games like League of Legends and DOTA on PC, on my phone I do play a MOBA game much more like League of Legends. But I really enjoy playing games on my computer than on mobile phones. I can play all day if only I have the time to play since I love games.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definite a stress buster games are especially the easy ones like Mahjong. I like games where I can win or get money. I found plenty at pch.com. It's fun and they got lots of variety of Mahjong. I got stress in my life more so now than ever before, so playing these simple games just takes away my mind from thinking of my problems. I like playing and besting my score all the time. Now I got my own computer it's even more of a stress buster!

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    One of the main factors I look for in a game is the story line. I easily get hook up in a game if the story line is interesting even if the game play is simple or not so challenging. There are also games that does not have a great story line or in fact don't have any plot but I still find them enjoyable because of it's graphics, like puzzle games or mind games :)

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I spend around 4 hours playing PC games and what I look for in a game are frequent updates, addictive gameplay, and nice art.

I think games definitely act as stress-relievers because that is why I play video games. It lets you enter a world out of reality where you can be who you want and do what you want. It also distracts you and helps you forget about your daily stresses at least for a while.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I only play computer games for leisure or to pass the time. What I am looking for the game is its easiness to play. It is not too cumbersome of difficult to manipulate. There is a challenge and a puzzle to solve. And most of all, the layout. It should be attractive and the sound is appropriate to the scene being played.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I look for a good story line and good graphics when playing a game. I like games in which there are many worlds and levels to pass in which we need to use different strategies. If I am searching for a mobile game I go for strategic games more, games in which I must put a lot of thought into.

8. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer paying for a full complete high quality game like Lara Croft Go than going for a Freemium game that is bombarded by annoying ads and expensive micro transactions like Plants vs Zombies 2 and Samurai vs Zombies defense.

I really hate the ads you will get from free games because some of them will auto install an app you never wanted.

9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly play the tower defense games. And it can be good enough to find them on the recommendation. I also look for the youtube videos. Most of the time here you can see the gameplay and then decide it yourself. Because that way you'd be able to see how the game functions for you. I have found out thaat some games are good enough to play with the tablet and so I choose games with such resolution.

10. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I always looking for action, and something to make me forget about my daily routine and relieve the stress. I am tired and when I get home and start playing games, I look for something that is unnatural and has nothing to do with the real world.
    I usually play action games or fantasy ones.

11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I want replay value. I do not want a game that I will only play once. I wan't a game that can give me multiple experiences because of the replay value. I love unlocking things instead of buying them via DLC and microtransactions. I am willing to pay money for a full game with many modes and Easter eggs to complete.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Basically what I look for in a good game is a good story (well written), something that is visually well developed and that promotes an interaction between / among players.

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    My thoughts on this might have changed as of recently and I really just need something that can keep me occupied but also something that I can set aside for a bit. More and more I like the simple, puzzle like games.