Rapid Ramen - Seriously?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by ohiotom76 • Oct 23, 2013.

1. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know I prefer to cook my ramen on the stove. It only takes three minutes to cook, but I can see how this would work for people on the go.

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of times this. So many times i go "how did i never thought about this before" to these types of products. It might not be for everyone, but there is definitely a market for these types of things, i would say college is one of them.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Am I missing something here? It's just a plastic bowl. I have a cupboard full of rectangle and square shaped plastic containers already - why on earth would I need this? I can just throw the ramen into one of my tupper ware containers with a little water. There is nothing unique about the design of this thing at all.

4. AngryItalian

AngryItalianMember

Threads:
    If you are asking if people are ignorant enough to buy this product, I have seen much less useful items sold at very out of this world prices. You would say these people are out of their minds, but we are all parts of different audiences. We may be skeptical, whereas our neighbor may have their checkbook out already. This doesn't seem very unique to me, I am not in that much of a hurry and ramen is designed to be quick as it already is. So my use for this item is slim at best. I wouldn't buy it, it just isn't presented in a way where it appears as anything more than a ramen square shaped tupperware bowl. If it was presented as a special material that heated and cooked the noodles evenly or something bordering along that story line, I may have fell for the item a slight chance more than I have thus far.

5. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I've never seen the show or heard of Rapid Ramen, but the whole idea seems silly. It already takes me only five minutes to cook a bowl of ramen noodles. I don't need a fancy bowl or container. I will admit though, that I do see how it could be convenient for people on the go or people in a hurry, but it is not something that I would personally purchase myself.

6. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    Well, that's just ridiculous. They are basically like 2 Minute Noodles and I'd personally go for Fusion - they're really nice. Maggi is also quite good and has been around for a while - unlike Rapid Ramen.

7. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    One the website it says non toxic and BPA free. Though, anyone with even a little knowledge on how these plastic containers are made. Should know that any type of plastic performs poor against heat. There are other toxic chemicals in plastic that you should be worry about besides BPA.

I would have been for this if it was made out of any other material besides plastic.

8. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    This is so funny! I have not yet seen this yet but I can't wait to see that commercial! It takes only a few minutes to make Ramen certainly not worth buying any special bowl for them. I am giggling, thanks so much for sharing that.

9. emilyrose93

emilyrose93Member

Threads:
    Here is the link to the website, I don't think it has been posted yet:

One of my favourite things about infomercials is how they try to make regular tasks seem really difficult, in order to convince us that we need their product to do this difficult task! Here is an example from the Rapid Ramen website:

"However cooking ramen noodles has it’s challenges. To cook ramen noodles, most people follow the directions on the back of the packet and cook them in a pot on the stove. It takes over six minutes just to boil two cups of water, and it takes six more minutes to cook the noodles. Then you have to let them cool. That’s over 12 minutes to cook ramen noodles! That is about the same it takes to cook a full meal."

Honestly, I think if I did eat ramen a lot, it might be something I would buy, just because it looks nice in the bowl! People buy "cereal bowls" and "soup bowls" that aren't different, but the shape is better suited and looks nicer with the food in it. They're only $6.99, so it's not a hugely exorbitant price, either. It actually has 205 reviews with an average of 4.5 stars on Amazon! I am really impressed by that. Maybe it is worth a try.

10. Mina

MinaMember

Threads:
    You're right, but this Rapid Noodle is just like any other container, is it going to cook noodles faster? They already take about 2 to 3 minutes to cook. It doesn't make any difference.

11. DebValentine

DebValentineNew Member

Threads:
    This certain episode of Shark Tank boggled my mind, as well as the fact that a shark wanted to invest in it! Right next to the Ramen at my local grocery store are other brands that come in the same kind of bowls for 10 cents more than the package of Ramen itself. This is the only Shark Tank product i have found in my local store, sadly. My family eats a lot of Ramen, but the tupperware is good enough for us to use for Ramen. And as a college aged person myself, there is no way i would waste my money on a bowl made specifically for 1 food item and that 1 food item alone. I'm sure you could use it for other things, but the heat would transfer right through the bottom of the bowl and burn your hands. I find nothing special about this bowl and cannot fathom how anyone can actually justify spending money on it.