Reading Online Or Offline?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by remnant • Jun 18, 2016.

1. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to reading I prefer reading offline as it saves money by just you have to pay for buying it once and that is yours as long as you keep it. But reading online means we need an internet connection and pay for that. Also, when I read offline I find that piece of information just sticks into my memory for a long time.

2. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    For me more convenient is off line reading. So news paper and all I only prefer to read off line. I am also regular reader of online blogs. I can't find them off line so there is no other option going for online reading. Actually reading on computer and phone is kind of eye stressing. So I more prefer off line reading. But as I said I am regular in both.

3. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I would prefer to read books offline because of many reasons.We can read books at any time even when we have an internet problem.I think so that it is the biggest advantage of reading books when we are offline.I feel more comfortable when I read books offline.

4. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    I read online for convenience, but it won't change the fact that physical copies of books will always be and always been a must for a lot of book enthusiasts like me. It's not that hard to enjoy both specially when you love reading in general.

5. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    When studying, I prefer to read books offline. Reading online, I realised I usually loss concentrate easily and it always affect my grades. So, Reading books offline helps to me to fully concentrate on my books.

6. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

Threads:
    I have used both the methods of reading. I read online for quite some time, but didn't find it as satisfactory as reading offline.
    The touch and smell of paper books brings me to a higher level. Collecting paperbacks is my passion. I have built a small library in my home for this purpose. Sometimes when I travel, I take my e-books with me as they do not take physical space as my paperbacks.

7. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I prefer offline reading. I can read at my own time and pace and I have the flexibility to change my mind at anytime should I wish to. Online reading requires a constant charge of your device.

8. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    Personally, both. For example, on college books, I have saved so much by using online books or ebooks. For casual reading, I'll go for a paperback. I think each has its own perks. Physical copies are great and will never truly go away, but I'm not opposed to online or digital options.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer reading online. I like real books, but there is always the problem of where to store them when you are done reading them. I like the no muss, no fuss of reading books on a tablet. Plus since they automatically save your place for you, there is no problem with that either.