Recommend a service plan for 2 students?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by J3NN4 • May 1, 2014.

1. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    My boyfriend and I both have contracts with Verizon. They're separate accounts, but both end the same month. We're looking at getting a plan together, but it's been frustrating finding one that would suit us.

I'd like to move away from Verizon. I love that I always have signal wherever I go, but they charge too much and it feels like we're getting a lot less than that.

We both have the unlimited texting, 450 minutes a month, and 1-2GB of data. I pay about $106 a month, and he's at $122. It's ridiculous. We both also have student discounts, which isn't very helpful.

I wouldn't mind ditching the unlimited texting, and go to ~1000 a month, since we never come close to that during the month. We also don't really need unlimited minutes, since we still haven't reached 450 a month. The most we use is data, for work and school related stuff, so that's a must-have for us. It'd also be nice if the bills were separate, and I know Sprint is doing this but I don't really want to go with Sprint.

Can anyone recommend a provider, or a plan that might suit us? Everyone I know uses Verizon, so I can't really get much feedback about it. We live NC, by the way.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Unfortunately, Verizon is where I'm stuck, too.

If everyone you know uses Verizon, you may want to stick with it anyway. Check you call logs and see how much time you've spent on the phone with them. Considering Verizon-to-Verizon calls don't count against your minutes, then you may be getting more benefit from that than you realize, especially if your family also uses it. Even if you don't talk on the phone that much, it can add up a fair bit between two people if those calls will suddenly be counting for your minute plan.

Also, just based on combining plans, you're going to save money. A plan with an extra phone line on it is much, much cheaper than two separate plans.

3. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    I rarely call people, honestly. I call my mother, but that's her house phone so it doesn't matter toward Verizon. The rest of the calls I make have to with work or school, so I use her house phone anyway because I'm terrified of getting that one dropped call during something important.

Do you have any idea how much cheaper it would be? I'm a little scared to go on a plan with someone else, even though he's my boyfriend and I trust him. I just don't like the idea of someone leaving me with the bill if they chose to, if that makes sense?