Recommend Gift Card For Someone Difficult To Shop For

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Zyni • Jul 12, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Okay, I'm looking for any and all recommendations, suggestions, and ideas, for a good gift card to get for someone that is incredibly difficult to shop for. It's for a birthday gift. They person never needs, and rarely wants, anything.

I don't want to spend a lot (in case they don't like this either), so any discounted cards would be especially helpful. I'd like it to be a good gift that they can use, but I just can't be sure. I'd love to hear your ideas. Also, where's the best place to buy the cards, if you recommend any?

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    If you're willing to use a GPT or survey type site you'd be able to get a giftcard entirely free just by completing a few tasks online. Sites like InstaGC and Swagbucks are common options that people use to do this. You're able to get a wide variety of giftcards that way and there's bound to be something they'd like there. That way you're not spending any money at all, as such. Only time to get them.

As for the actual giftcard, I'd recommend getting them Amazon gift cards because there's always something useful on Amazon for everyone. Alternatively, a supermarket giftcard could also be useful but I don't know if that's the sort of thing you'd want to give them.

3. annacath

annacathNew Member

Threads:
    If you really not consider costing too much and rarely, I will recommend that you can make gift card by yourself. That's will more worthy and more appreciated.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would buy a Target giftcard if they have a store near them. Everyone can find something to buy there from food to some bedding or toiletries. I personally find them the most useful and least offensive because it's mid-range and not considered cheap, but not expensive that nothing is affordable.

Personally I don't like Amazon because you need to pay shipping and the items aren't always cheaper. At least with Target you can buy a couple of things you need in store (toothpaste, or a drink) each time or treat yourself.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love gift cards because when you give one as a present, the person can choose their own preferred item. I know many people frown down on it, because they feel it's lazy and means that you're not really making an effort, but I think it depends on whoever you're buying it for. My husband and I love them, and in fact, prefer them.

I don't know where you are, @Zyni@Zyni...but in the UK, you can get those universal ones, and I'd recommend those because then the person has the freedom to go wherever they want to, giving them more options. Obviously, that also depends on what that particular person likes.

6. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I like to ask the person where they like to shop and why. Then I go to that store and find them a gift card. If you don't know what stores they shop at then you could buy a VISA or MASTERCARD. Here is a link where you can buy them, you can connect to your account and upload any amount you want:

7. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    Well since they are difficult to shop for, do like I would do an get a cheap birthday card, and put $100 dollars on the inside so they can go buy whatever they want.

That's the perfect gift because you don't have to worry about them not liking the gift. It's also indirectly buying them the perfect gift because they are going to buy what they want and not what they don't want.

No one does that, so it's as good idea. You know your money won't go to waste with the birthday card because people rarely keep those, so make sure it's really cheap and has some kind things in it.

8. 17emilyhalko

17emilyhalkoMember

Threads:
    The person that you're describing sounds like me! Lol. Do you know where they like to shop? EVERYONE has a favorite shop! Do they like to read? Barnes and nobles! Do they have a favorite restaurant? Ask for a gift card there! Is there a place that they frequent for clothes? Do they like to shop online? Do they like music?
    If these suggestions don't help, then you could get a gift card for Amazon. There is absolutely EVERYTHING on Amazon. They'd find something that they'd like on there. Worst comes to worst, just give them money.

9. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Cash is also good if that will fit. Everyone I know is hard to shop for, but they all love cash. I thought I might do Amazon gift cards every now and then too. I believe they would all love that. In these days of abundance, it is very hard to pick out something to give to someone else and expect them to like it. Very, very hard! I gave up trying. I set asid cash for Christmas and usually cash for birthdays, but I think Amazon cards might work there too.

10. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Gift cards can be tricky because unless you know a person loves a certain store, they can sometimes be a hassle. I always suggest a visa or master card. Something that they can essentially use anywhere. The one thing I hate is getting a gift card to a store I never shop at and have to buy something within the balance just to use it.

11. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    It can be so difficult to think of a present for a person who has everything. Giving a gift card is a great idea and I would recommend giving a gift card from a store like Amazon where they can choose amongst many different things.

12. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest a gift card for a grocery store because who doesn't need groceries, right? Having help with grocery payments is one of the best things you can gift. The best thing is, you can sometimes put as much and as little money/credit as needed in a single card. The best choice is WalMart. They have groceries and if they want, they also have electronics. Of course, that's only in my area and in the United States. I'm not sure about areas outside.

13. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I am looking for something like this for a Christmas gift. I'll try to use some of these ideas. The person in question doesn't do much online though, so I'm not so sure about Amazon (which I generally like in most other cases).

I'm not even sure about a restaurant card for the person I have in mind. The grocery idea might work though. The person is quite practical and would probably like it. I already gave a Walmart card for the last gift I gave the person, thinking that would give them some options. Maybe I'll try Target this time.

14. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest a gift card to their favorite store. You can probably ask them and then go ahead and purchase it. This way you will know for sure they will use it up. Another idea is a gift card for a store that carries almost anything, for example Walmart this way they will have so much to chose from.

15. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    When it's someone difficult to shop for, you can never really go wrong when you decide to buy them a cash or credit gift card for use anywhere. With one of these in their hands, they can then decide for themselves just where and what to purchase. It truly works as money.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In my views the Amazon Gift Card would be the best choice for people who are hard to please. Amazon has the widest choice for all pockets in almost every category should solve your problem within your budget. I am sure you must be in best situation with a gift card because I know your best choice of gifts never satisfies to most.

17. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with freedom to buy anything of their choice through Amazon Gift card.

However, if the person is elderly and into kitchen , knitting etc you can buy a tangible gift that might be useful for them. I feel like it holds more weight.

See what the person uses on daily basis and offer it as a gift!

Did you know you can actually sponsor their health check up as a suprise birthday gift too.?

18. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Gift cards make a good present to someone who's genuinely fussy.

There're several types of gift cards available. Depending upon the likes of the person, you can select one. Gift cards give a person the freedom to buy anything of his or her wish.

19. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I would think that Amazon is always a safe bet. Sometimes that might not be the best, though, but it just depends on the person. I know a couple of people who do not like to get those just because they are so broad, so maybe just think about it a little bit beforehand.