Recycling Christmas Gifts To Save Money

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Nakitakona • Dec 23, 2017.

1. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Christmas seasons is generally centered on gift-giving. In our country, giving gifts, exchanging gifts are common practice among the private and government employees, school children or students, and among the members of the family.

Now the point of discussion is the source to finance the gifts to be given out or to be exchanged with. This means every year, everyone would be spending much money for these gifts. I know some of them couldn't afford or just depending from their parents to have a gift to give or to exchange. Is there a better way to do it without spending a cent?

I am thinking of recycling Christmas gifts received from last year or several previous years. I know some of the gifts are not consumable. They are tangible and concrete. They may a beautiful figurines, or printed mugs, nice and soft T-shirts but are not used for they couldn't fit to the recipient, among others.

These gifts could be reused, rewrapped and be given as a gift to another person or could be exchanged with another gift. I think it is a practical way. Do you approve with it? Or Have you using them actually to be given to another person?

2. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    If the said gifts are just on display and not being used, then I might consider doing that. at least I won't buy new gifts to give away.

3. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think the recycling would be okay since after a year they may be very old. The best thing is just to strive on purchasing new ones. Lucky enough is that most of these christmas gifts are not that xpensive and you can readily purchase a new one. The person you are giving the gift will also feel much accepted if you give him/her a new gift other than an old one.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That is the very good saving tip on buying Christmas gifts every year or every Christmas Day.

5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I always reuse and recycle gifts If I get something that I cannot use (because it does not suit/fit me, I have already used that item, I already have it etc.), I will always repack and send it to another person. This saves you a lot of money. It might not be good to resend the your gift, however we also have to become rational

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I admit that we are doing this – recycling the old gifts. Especially me, I receive so many shirts, hankies, and accessories for Christmas. What we do is to label each excess gift so we would know from whom it came from. We can now give that particular gift to another person who is not, in any way, connected to the person who gave it to us. That recycling is very appropriate for gifts that are duplicates.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I do this every year. It's not that I'm not grateful for the gifts I receive, some of them are really nice, but they're are not always the kind of thing I use so they make a nice gift for someone who would use them. It saves a lot of unnecessary expense too. You just have to remember who gave them to you so you don't send it back again!

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't see why re-giftimg is viewed negatively by other people, I think that it's a much better option than letting the unwanted gift gather dust in the closet, right? It would be best to let others who appreciate the unwanted item use and enjoy the gift.

9. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I think that would be an effective way to save a bit of money and be able to give a little back. You're in a way killing two birds with one stone, making more money and giving away the gifts you don't want to someone else or simply putting it on the market for someone else to buy. I see little to no problems with that.