Rosebush Or A Dozen Roses

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by thisnthat • May 11, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to gifts, which would you rather have, a rose bush or a dozen roses? Which would you rather receive and which one do you think would be the best to give as a gift?

Personally, I prefer a rosebush instead of flowers that will soon die. I love flowers, and of course, I would still be happy with fresh cut ones. I just think in practical terms, a rose bush is a better idea. Not only will it probably cost less, but you get to enjoy the beautiful roses longer, as well as enjoying them again and again.

I received one for mother's day (given to me early), and I'm very happy with it. I think it's a great gift.

2. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    It depends. If someone I want to gift flowers to doesn't have a garden then fresh cut flowers are better. If someone has a new garden then a bush would be better. It depends on the person you are giving the gift to and what they have.

I like flowers in the garden and I also like fresh cut flowers in a vase so I would be happy to receive any.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I would also love a rose bush if I were to have a garden but since I don't cut flowers will do. I love to receive some as they came with good intentions and thoughts. I remember one of my friends got a rose bush as a gift from her boyfriend and she didn't like them at first but then she realised his intention was for her to have roses for a long time.

4. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, being a man reduces the chances like me to receive flowers, but I do buy flowers for the two women in my life, for my wife and my mother. For my wife, I usually buy a rosebush or any flower in pots because we have an award and she can plant it.
    For my mother, I am buying a dozen of roses or her favorite the sunflower!

5. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I would personally love to receive a rosebush as a gift but, unfortunately do not have a proper garden so would prefer a dozen lovely roses. Also, not everyone would appreciate a rosebush over roses as some may not want to put efforts into caring it but rather enjoy the roses for a few days that they last. But all on all, gifting a rosebush is a lovely idea, each time a bud bloomed would remind you of the person who gifted it to you!