save on gas

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by roy835 • Oct 27, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    I live in Columbus Ohio and I just saw the news. Gas prices are now down to $2.94 per gallon, average. That is really great news for car owners. That price is a big difference from $4 or more not too long ago. I dont currently have a car but I like to see that the gas prices are as low as they can be because I do take the public transportation and when the gas prices increase, they tend to raise their prices accordingly. $2.94 is the average in my area right now (10/27/2014) but it actually even lower at some gas station within the area. We use >> Columbusgasprices dot com in my area but I think that you can use GasBuddy dot com for anywhere in the USA. If you live in other countries you can Google or Yahoo for "save on gas" plus the specific area that you live, to find savings on gas in your area.

2. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    That is very interesting. I live in South Texas right now and the gas is about @2.85. Prices did get close to $4 at the beginning. If I am not mistaken, gas do tend to lower at this time of year. Thanks for the website. It looks very helpful.

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Other ways to save on gas, besides just looking for lower prices, include better driving habits and maintenance practices. For instance, bad tire pressure, motor oil choice, too much acceleration, leaving on the motor when not needed, using an air conditioner, as well as having bad spark plugs, oxygen sensors, air filters, and fuel injectors can all lead to a higher price at the pump. Finally, another way to save on gas is simply to buy a hybrid or regular vehicle with lower gas mileage.

#3Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017