Save or invest?

Discussion in Retirement Plans started by Denis Hard • Apr 8, 2014.

1. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well the good news is that if you find yourself asking this, then that means you are probably avoiding the spend it option, which is always a good way to go. My saving is slowly starting to turn more and more into investing, which is pretty normal I would guess.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have recently retired and the money is just sitting idle in the bank account. We still have to think of a fool-proof business that we wouldn’t lose. Yeah, it’s a difficult goal but that’s the only choice we have. Retirees have their retirement pay for subsistence for the rest of their life and if they lose it in investment then that would really be sad. That’s why retirees have to be very careful and discerning when it comes to investing their retirement pay.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Saving money is not risky but it grows interest with a very low returns. While investing the money is too risky but it could grow not only once but twice or even thrice of the capital money. Saving for the rainy days makes one wise and clever. Investing for a business it may be good or may be not. However with the intention of making the money grow by taking the big risk sounds good.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I do both as well. Some portion I keep for immediate/near futire use while I invest some for a long run so that I am never really deficient at any point in time.

5. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I do both but I give priority to saving since investing can be risky. Not all investment give the expected earnings. I save my money until I find a proper way to invest. The returns I get from my investment goes to my savings account.