Saving Money By Working Out At Home

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Dame6089 • Jun 8, 2016.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, lucky you. We get a lot of criticism here because our government doesn't put any incentives on doing sports, what is crazy because this is a direct way to save on health care. In the UK I believe that there are tax benefits for those using the gym, so something like that would be a great help.

2. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Though I am not consistent for exercising, but it is not because I am not attending gym.. Though I used to walk out side every morning, and I do yoga at home which can be easily done inside my room. So yes I can save lots of money by avoiding gym which require high fees. I don't mind joining gym either, but as I am not regular I guess it will be waste of money. And as I can do workout at home it is okay.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think its a great idea,but how do you get motivated to work out at home-I think is the question though? I spent a lot of times in the gym playing basketball as a kid,so these days I just want to go for a hike or bike to the store ,maybe stop by the park and go for a run. I think you have to mix it up more the older you get,like doing more gardening or riding your bike to the store to grocery shop as well. So many things you can do,so I would say go for the mix!

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 It requires discipline. I play tennis, so the gym for me is just to get in better shape, and I joined because of the wife. Just this morning we had the opportunity to go, and she said she didn't want to, she was feeling too lazy. Well, lol, we need to put in an effort!

#44May 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2017
  5. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I have free access to a gym and I don't even use it. The chances of me working out at home is next to 0. It's just too hard to be motivated while in college. Also, time is a huge factor so I can never get much done.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update Tennis is really good sports to stay fit. I wish I can play it too, but i don't find any regular partner here. There is tennis court here near my place but no one used to play or regular basis. I rarely found any player there. Sports is really good alternative of gym and other exercising. Regular out door sport can replace any gym and exercising.

#46May 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2017
  7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Belovedad@Belovedad Even I have free access to free public and official gym but I use them seldom because my favorite ways of exercising has always been jogging, walking and home exercising. I was a regular at badminton right from school to my college days and being a former national player I have used all kind of gym activities but those were all part of my official training available to me free of cost.

8. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    I once tried an Insanity Workout video at home. It says you'll lose weight after a month. It's an everyday activity and lasts for an hour. It was really effective. The workout was too exhausting, though. It's like being in the gym for the whole day. But anyway, it saved me a lot of money from going to the gym and eating out.

9. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Yeah, I had that issue too, and finally started to do official tournaments to play more. Meanwhile I discovered a social ranking and now I have more partners than time to play haha. Any sport we do regularly keeps us fit, and our weight controlled. :)

#49May 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update I agree with you. Actually I have played badminton on highest level right from my school days so I think there is nothing better than that for fitness purpose. Badminton is perhaps one of the fastest ball game after table tennis which needs fitness of highest level. I have tried playing tennis but I could not manage it properly, the reason I believe is that my badminton playing experience was altogether different from what tennis needs. I think, tennis is another good way of keeping fit at lesser cost compared to what you pay at a regular gym.

11. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Badminton is really good way to stay fit too. Actually here many people are playing this game at sport club for losing weight purpose only. Myself too played it many time but I used to play table tennis more than any game. I was quite good at it in the starting. Then after starting college all got stopped and since then I am almost out from all sports..

#51May 23, 2017
  12. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    That's the thing @naruto100@naruto100, we need to do the sport we love because if we do so we will do it with pleasure and we will be in shape pretty fast. For example, if we don't like to go to the gym most likely we will quit soon enough because it will be a sacrifice for us.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update That is true. One need to keep continue at which they are good and they actually enjoy it, otherwise they are going to stop it at any point. One need to be consistent. Even though I like few sports very much I can't spend time because of busy life and here only few people go for it so I don't have any good company either.

#53May 24, 2017
  14. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a kid I spent a lot of time at the beach and did watersports, and beach tennis. Later I biked a lot, but there were some years I did nothing I loved until I started playing tennis. So the "harder" part is finding the sport we love, after that everything becomes easier.

15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update True. Even it is hard to find out time for it, I will try to find someone who can spend time with my favorite sport with me. Though it will be hard, but at least I can try for it. I can spend few time at evening or early in the morning.

#55May 26, 2017
  16. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Time is another matter that is true, we need to have available time. I just signed in for the gym, but with work, kids, tennis lessons and other tasks, I don't have much time to go there... I wish that I could go at least twice a week, but this week will prove hard I believe.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update what I feel is that if you are seriously perusing a particular game then you do not have to go to gym for fitness purpose because you get all the required physical exercises at the same time. Like I used to run, skip rope, step running, weight practice and other exercises prescribed by the coach.

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Skip rope, I was doing it in the past. Do you think it is good for reducing weight? I mean it gives good cardio kind of exercise. In past I was doing it, my count was 1000 per day. But I have stopped them long ago. Do you think it can take place of walking?

#58Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  19. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I have never skipped rope in my life until a few weeks ago. My coach told me it would be good for my foot game, but after a few minutes it gives me a headache, so most likely I need more practice. I don't know if replaces walking, but it's certainly a good exercise!

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update Headache from rope skipping!? Lol, I am hearing about it first time. I was doing it regularly in the past, but never had headache problem from it. Sometimes my legs were paining after few hours from the session, but that was because I was out of practice. So which foot game you are playing?

#60Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017