Saving Money With Wwoof

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Oct 27, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you heard of it?

Organic Farms, or Willing Workers on Organic Farms, is a loose network of national organizations that links volunteers with organic farmers. While yes, working isn't what you want to be doing when you are traveling, the perks are well worth it. You get to mingle with the locals who'll show you around the place you are visiting but that's not all.

The hosts will provide food and accommodation and whilst working [helping is more like it] you get to learn all you can about organic farming.

If interested, you can take a look at their site:

In return for volunteer help, WWOOF hosts offer food, accommodation and opportunities to learn about organic lifestyles.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've seen some similar programs being featured on tv and I agree these look like great organizations to be a part of. The one I saw was more inclined towards giving away the food to communities where it's hard to find fresh produce, and it is completely volunteer based but I think the volunteers are also afforded some of the farm, and it's why it has also become a popular destination for travelers alongside regular volunteers.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been eyeing this for a long time.. such a great way to travel and learn. People helping people, it goes both ways and I think it's amazing. Young people are travelling more than ever because they're starting to see the reality of the world.. or they want to, by travelling. They also see that there may be no retirement for them in the future and they'd like to experience life while they're young and able instead of putting it off for a day that may never come. There are so many great super cheap ways to travel now, it's awesome. Obviously not just for the young, but that's whose taking advantage the most.. older generations are still waiting to live.

4. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    No, I am hearing first time about this farm through your post but after reading both of these informative posts thinking to go there once to see this place myself. I hope it will be a good exprience for me to be there once.

5. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I also had no information about this but yes reading your post can be really infomrative. I really like to have such a good and most amazing time as it.

must be really appealing to have such a good time.