Savings On College Books

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Jason76 • Jul 27, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't worry too much about basic school supplies - other than books. Note, college books can be a massive problem due to the cost. In that case, nowadays students search online. Nonetheless, it isn't always possible to get good deals when the professor wants the newest edition. In that case, can anyone think of creative solutions to get around the problem?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was going to college books were so expensive. When I was shopping for books at the college bookstore I noticed second hand books that was selling for a lot less. I picked up a book looked through it and noticed that it was like brand new, so I bought it. All semester long I used my used books that no one knows that it was used books either. I read in our college newspaper the bookstore was asking students to sell back their books for the next semester's students to buy. I sold my used books back to the bookstore too and made some money. Buying used books from the college bookstore saves money and reselling it back helps other's save money too. The only problem is if the professor changes books, then you can't sell back our books to the bookstore.

3. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have seen some online sites for students to buy and sell second-hand text books, I think it's a good idea. I wish I knew this when I was in college. It doesn't only help students to save money on buying books, but they can also sell them once they have done with the text books. Moreover, it might also encourage them to take good care of the books as they are going to sell them later.

I used to buy second-hand books from my seniors, if I can find any.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    We have one place here where we usually sell the used books. And that place usually gives us 50% off on the new book purchase. So we can have it at discounted rates. And after using the book we can get the 10% amount back. That's something one can see much usable for the college books. I wish such options can start online in that case.