Security At Home

Discussion in Home & Garden started by remnant • Aug 2, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Many people hire security guards to guard their goods and institutions
    and can be quite expensive while others go through an elaborate and
    oft expensive process of acquiring a licensed gun in my country.
    Passive security is cheaper because it acts as a deterrent, for
    instance installing electric fences and layered fences. Personally, I
    bolt my door at night to look as he I am not present as well as having
    a shrub over the window to fever any monitoring.

2. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Home security is a very important measure to take we shouldn't leave the security of our homes to chances. First should be fortification of our surrounding by way of making thick fences and strong gates with electric wires on top the fences. Strong metals for doors and windows in every room and a CCTV to monitor activities inside and outside are good security measures. Every other legitimate steps should be taken to ensure the homes are secured.

#2Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  3. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We have our dog that alerts us even if she hears a pin drop so to say. We have a compound wall and we lock the gate in the nights. These measures have helped us with our security and we can sleep in peace.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our village is the favorite of thieves. There is at least 2 cases of burglaries reported each month. When we moved here in 2001, our way of security for our home at night are the open lights. We have lights overnight in the garage, driveway, front garden, terrace, and backyard. The cops here say that night light is a turn off for burglars. Last month, we had installed a cctv system to bolster our security at home. Now we have complete peace of mind.

5. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    The place where I live there is no such security issues. Yes, burglaries do happen, but they are once in a blue moon. It is very rare that a house is burgled. There are many instance of snatching of jewelery or mobile etc, but no burglary. Therefore, we don't have any such security precautions. When we go out we just lock our door and gate. That's it. It is safe.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I wish that I could just have a private security guard for my stuff and my stuff alone, but of course that would be silly and never happen. For now I will just settle on making sure everything is locked.

7. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Lack of adequate security is one of the most serious problems present in my region. Purchasing a gun can be very expensive, and also I have never thought of killing a human being. In case of anything in the compound during the night, I usually alert police offices. In my compound, I don't have any serious security except a concrete wall.

8. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Nowadays it doesn't hurt to be a bit careful, a good home security can not only save you from being robbed but also save your life and the lives of your loved ones. I would suggest getting a basic alarm system on the house that immediately goes or and informs the police. If you want to save money and willing to do what you can to protect yourself and family, then I would suggest getting a gun or at the very least pepper spray and a taser gun.

9. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    We live in a suburban subdivision that's quiet and peaceful and where robbery is not a common occurrence. Almost all houses have guard dogs and one would hear a chorus of barks whenever someone passes by the streets at night. Houses are commonly secured by tall steel gates which are always locked from inside. Our main door is not visible from the outside and potential robbers will have a hard time guessing if there are people inside. We use a double lock on our main door and kitchen door and our windows are protected by metal frames. We can sleep soundly at night and leave the house for days without worrying.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Since theft has increased here almost every home has strong metal doors and metal windows protectors to prevent getting robbed as many in my área have already experienced. It is scary to think about it but is very real so it is very important to take action. It is hard for many as those metal protectors are costly but when we have a chance we have to make security our priority.

11. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    It is good to have security at home. At my home, we have not installed electric fences, no licenced guns or watched dogs. It is safe to say that there is security in our estate for now.

We always do small things like locking the door all the time and not walking outside at night. We also pray and believe God will keep us safe.