Shake Weight

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by ladybug • Jan 5, 2014.

1. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I purchased the Shake Weight and I absolutely love this product! I had read a couple of reviews where people stated that it didn't work for them, still it has worked great for me and definitely worth the $20 that I paid for mine. A person should follow the video to get maximum results from the product and one does need to put some muscle into it when working out with the Shake Weight. After I began using mine I noticed that the more you make your arm muscles work the more they respond just like with any other muscle in the body. Another thing that I love about the Shake Weight is that it's only a 6 minute workout and it works on the right muscles to get that firm, toned look again. ;)

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Shake Weight has a bad reputation because when people use it, it looks like they are doing something R rated. South Park even made an episode about it.
    The product may be beneficial, but because of all the jokes and parodies, a lot of people are embarrassed to use it.

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of that product, can you maybe explain some more how it works?

OK, never mind, I've googled it and seen how it works. It's indeed strange, it's seems you're doing something suspicious, but as long as it works who cares right? It's just for the harms though, it doesn't work full body.

4. DebValentine

DebValentineNew Member

Threads:
    I have used the shake weight also and it is beneficial for someone trying to tone their arms. The only problem, as previously stated, is all the jokes and dirty look motions. This system seems to be a at home sort of thing otherwise you will have some unwanted attention thrown your way, especially if your a female.

5. Manny

MannyMember

Threads:
    I think the commercials are silly and have my doubts about the efficacy of the actual product. A couple dumbbells will cost you less and are far more versatile. I think the shake weight's gained a lot of popularity because of the commercials and doesn't offer anything that you can't get from a traditional workout routine.

6. DebValentine

DebValentineNew Member

Threads:
    I think the product creators were trying to eliminate the need to have heavy dumbbells in your house, especially if you don't have a set place in your home or apartment to put them. I agree with you though, its more beneficial to use different equipment than to use the Shake Weight. They were trying to fix one problem of heavy weights around the house but created a new one, versatility.

7. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    Shake weights can work for a lot of people. They did not really do much for me, but i have moved a bit beyond the weight that they offer. I had to shake my weight for about a half hour to get the same effect as a regular set of kettle bells for my arms. I was probably using them wrong.

8. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I have to admit I never really took this product seriously. It definitely looks like you are doing something naughty, but hey if it works then great! I would love to get rid of my arm wings :)

9. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    The theory behind it is very sound, but as was stated, like many other exercises, this is one you want to do in the privacy of your own workout room or your own home. Nothing is worse than trucking through a workout program and people making jokes about you while you're doing it. You'll have the last laugh, though, because your toned muscles will prove it was worth it.

10. sgreenwood

sgreenwoodNew Member

Threads:
    Anything you can do to get some exercise and get moving is worth it! If the shake weight gets you to do that, than that's great!

11. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    Sorry so late in my reply... I've been pretty busy lately, but I use the Shake Weight in the privacy of my own home and they definitely work! In answer to a full body workout it doesn't work on the whole body; however it does work other areas and you'll see what I mean if you decide to purchase one. Again, you do want to use your muscles because that's when you'll really notice your arms toning up. :)

12. streakanime

streakanimeMember

Threads:
    I like the shake weight, but I honestly got bored with it after a few uses. I definitely would not consider it to be a waste of money though. They are so cheap even if you use them a few times before it gets tossed in a box, it is hardly a waste of money. I'm not really sure that it does a lot for you exercise wise though.

13. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    Haha that was a hilarious episode! My friends got me a shakeweight for my birthday as a joke, and to be honest from a "workout" standpoint I thought it was terrible. I would much rather just go to the gym and do a few exercises.

14. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I never bought it.

To be honest i never liked the idea it seemed stupid to me. They are selling people fantasies. There is no easy way to work out, or lose weight. Why would i waste my money on a gimmick like the shake weight when i could spend it on a gym membership.

I personally believe the shake weight is nothing but a gimmick. I would never buy it.

15. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    The South Park episode really ruined it for anyone wanting to try this product. I've never tried it myself, but I did see someone using it on the bus. Now this was before I had ever heard about it, before it got a chance to get a bad reputation. Based on what I saw, it looked like the guy was getting a good workout, in a very small space - on the bus. So I would say it's probably a good product, despite what it looks like you're doing.