Shakeology?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by animos • Jun 6, 2016.

1. animos

animosNew Member

Threads:
    Anyone here tried it? My brother recently became a Beachbody coach and encouraged me to try it. Luckily he gave me a good discount on it but it was still pricey. It's been...alright. The first few times I tried the shakes (chocolate flavor) I HATED them due to the chalky aftertaste. It's gotten better, I add more milk and a bit of peanut butter and it's not awful anymore but still not that great. I don't have one everyday like they say you should so I think I'll stick to the one bag and only have a shake once or twice a week when I need a quick, light meal.

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I think that if the shake is delicious to you, then you should go ahead and have it every day if you desire. As long as the ingredients that you add are healthy not fattening, I see no reason why you should not make having the shake a regular feature. It could be a healthy alternative to some of the meals you are now having.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Shaekology is actually one of the healthier shakes out there. It is literally packed with crazy health benefit. But as you say, you may run into a problem if you aren't a fan of shake sin general because they aren't any tastier than others on the market. Adding peanut butter is a good idea. I would recommend a banana, especially with the tropical strawberry flavor!

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I have read about Shakeology before from a blogger that I follow. Actually, several bloggers have already written a post about it. I haven't tried it though since I am a bit wary with their reviews though since they're almost always sponsored. So when they blogged about this brand, I didn't really pay much attention to it thinking it's all just paid reviews. But now that you've mentioned it, I think I'm willing to give it a try.

The after-taste isn't much of a helpful thing though. But I think with protein shakes, they also have this after-taste. It helps to add some fruits like bananas and strawberries to contrast the taste. I'll add in some milk as well although not too much. But you get used to it after some time anyway.

If it has the weight loss benefits, why not? I've been trying to lose a few pounds and this can certainly come in handy. I'll let you know once I've tried it as well.

5. animos

animosNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah the aftertaste is awful! It has a sort of chalky, gritty taste to it and I find they're really only tolerable with a lot of milk and some peanut butter, but then the calories start to get sort of high :/ It comes with a full month of recipes so I'm trying some other combos but at least for me I'm not a fan of chocolate and fruit together.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never tried Shakeology, and actually hadn't even heard about this brand before. However, we use whey protein shakes as part of our healthy food plan, and often just have a shake for a quick meal, or a small one as a before bedtime snack. It is far healthier than most food that people snack on, and is not only adds needed protein ; but also usually has vitamins and other supplements.
    Because it is all in powder form, once it is mixed with mlk, kefir, or juice, the shake is very easily digested, so it is a good way to get your vitamins for the day.
    Most of the vitamin tablets are not properly digested, and unless you take them when you are eating a meal, you lose all of the valuable nutrients from the vitamins.
    With the powdered drinks, then you know that it is digesting properly, so even though it is more expensive, it is worth it because you are actually getting the benefits from the vitamins and minerals in the shake.