Shamwow!

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by tommymac • Aug 3, 2012.

1. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I know that it's the classic "As Seen On TV" item of our time, but I have to confess that I have never bought one. I bet a lot of you out there have, though.

Is it worth it? Is it a good product? What do you use it for?

2. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Oh boy, where do I begin. Well this is the most garbage product on Earth. The only way I can use it is if I put it under the dishes in place of a dish rack. It soaks up nothing yet it is completely saturated after only 2 swipes. I don't get it. I am glad I got it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with a gift card...in the clearance isle for like $3.

If you get it as a gift or something then it is worth it and you can find something to do with it, but otherwise save your money.

3. Wasabi

WasabiNew Member

Threads:
    It looks cool on TV, yes. But all products try to have that amazing appearance. When you really buy it, however, it doesn't live up to what you expect it to.

4. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I am so glad I didn't give in to my "need" to buy this amazing towel LOL I was waiting for it to get to stores and then by the time it did I forgot all about it. Now that we have "As Seen On TV" stores I don't find myself ordering crap off tv as much...and the store at the flea market does have a 7 day return policy.

5. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that. So, is this typical of most of these "As Seen On TV" products, or would you say that this just one bad product?

Has anyone ever used a Shamwow as a regular towel?

6. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Some good, some bad. Vince was just a really good hype man so it made the product seem worthwhile, but it was all showbiz. The other thing he pitched, the Slap Chop, was okay but it wasn't as smooth as they made it look. The Magic Bullet was okay too.

7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I could've sworn the Sham-Wow guy was in prison. I heard something about him getting arrested months ago. I assumed he was still in jail. Or am I wrong?

8. trueone

trueoneNew Member

Threads:
    Shamwow is one the best products that I've bought through a infomercial and it has worked perfectly. Surprisingly it does everything the commercial said it would. Now I wouldn't use it on a daily purpose but it is definitely useful when it comes to spills and messes. I saved a bunch of money when it came to paper towels over the year. I would definitely suggest buying it!

9. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think he stayed in jail for too long but he did get arrested in Miami. He got a hooker and they were drinking and doing tons of cocaine in a hotel room when things took a turn. They ended up fighting and she bit part of his lip and scratched his face up so he beat the shit out of her.

I did hear they used shamwow to clean up all the hooker blood on the floor.

1409381-shamwow_vince_mugshot_super.

10. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    In Vince's latest commercial, for a lint-roller type product called The Schticky, he pokes fun at his arrest by holding up a prison ID board.

11. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    In a word No! What a joke. Doesn't hold up to it's claims at all. My nephew bought us some for Christmas 2 years ago. If their was ever a need for regifting, it is this. The only thing going for it is the color. A nice shade to easily to go with any painter thinner for cleaning brushes. It's a rag.

12. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I would honestly say no on this. It doesn't do anything extraordinary other than being a glorified rag or dish towel. My friends have also bought one (from the dollar store no less) and they also confirm that it's not worth it.

13. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah the Shamwow is quite the sham at that. I wouldn't even use it to dry my dishes. I think Bounty paper towels work way better. Its worth buying them over and over. I got mine at Walgreens after seeing the commercial like a zillion times I guess it finally got in. Never again though.

14. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    Well it's a really nice yellow colour. As for cleaning stuff, it does nothing special - as should really be expected.

15. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Wow (or should I say ShamWOW). They sell Shamwow at the Dollar Store now? Is it at a heavily discounted price?

16. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    I would never buy one. However, Vince Offer is the best pitch man ever. Not only in this, but the slap chop also.

17. YoungNThrifty

YoungNThriftyNew Member

Threads:
    I guess if they're selling that at the dollar store that might be a good deal. My aunt's always been a bit of a sucker for "as seen on TV stuff" and she bought one a few years back. She was disappointed to say the least. Well, actually, she was a bit angry. If she could, I think she would have strangled Vince Offer with his own product.

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got mine from the dollar store. It's ok to cleanup messes, clean the floor or car.

19. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:

You can slap your nuts all day! He is definitely a legendary pitch man. Him and Billy Mays are definitely top 2 of all time. Probably throw Jack Lalane in their to round out the top 3. I think Vince takes the number one spot over Billy Mays.

20. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I bought a SHAMWACK at the super dollar store in my city.

It was not like was supposed to be in the commercial. And I got mine out of the clearance section. On TV these things were more than what I paid for it. I paid $0.75 a piece for 5 of them. It was just another crappy product with false advertising. I could have used the towels at home that worked just as good. Waste of money. Maybe under the plates and spoons holder, but that's it, nothing to grand about it.

#20Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012