Shared Hosting

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by remnant • Nov 9, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Shared web hosting is reputed to be cheap alongside the fact that websites access the benefits of hosting on a large server at a premium cheap price with claims of unlimited bandwidth. My take is that shared hosting is beneficial to small or startup websites and businesses but as content increases, it strains the shared quota of bandwidth. Soon, an email appears prompting website owners to upgrade. Its cheap in the short run.

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    You are very true. It's a blessing for those who are just in the infant stages of their online career. I think it is the cheapest way of hosting so you can try it out and find out how good you are at it. But as your business grow big with a lot of traffic or customers you need to upgrade to a more reliable hosting method like a dedicated or cloud server because the only way to survive in the competition is to have satisfied customers. Shared hosing seems to be unstable sometimes with frequent downtime and also cannot accommodate a lot of traffic as the same server is being shared by multiple users.

It is also important to do a background check before finalizing a hosting company you are going to join. In future if you want to upgrade your membership it would be easier for you then.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well it seems to fall in line with the trends out there these days. I know that cloud computing is pretty much this same thing. It works though and it makes sense, and it really gets closer and closer to paying for what you use versus subscribing to certain amounts.