Shaving foam vs shaving gel

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Sep 16, 2014.

1. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I'll have to try this. I hate buying shave gel as it can get very expensive. I really love DIY and this looks very promising.

As for what I usually use, I'm partial to just regular shave gel. It's what I've been using for years and I'm not sure I would like a foam product. I like that the shave gel lathers and I've never had a problem with it spreading well on my legs. If I don't like the DIY shave lotion I might try out a shave foam. I luckily don't have to shave my legs very often. I have very light hair on my legs, so I can get away with it for weeks at a time. I don't really care what I use on my legs as long as it moisturizes and works well with my razor.

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Interesting that you guys enjoy this DIY shaving lotion, I never knew that it would get so many people interested. I would never do it for myself because I find these products rather cheap, so I prefer to buy them and use them instead of spending my time.

3. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I use to use shaving gel to shave my legs but now I just use soap. I find that using dove soap is better because it makes my legs smoother and it's cheaper. After a while, using shaving gel started to break my legs out and give me a razor rash but since I switched to dove soap I do not have that problem anymore.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually when I started this thread I was aiming to shaving the face... So I am somewhat surprised to see that so many women shave their legs, doesn't that make the hairs grow stronger? Aren't there other alternatives?

5. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I actually prefer the gel to foam because the gel sticks to the skin a bit better and does not wash away as easily as foam does. Also, if you add just a dab of conditioner to your gel, your legs will remain super smooth for close to a week.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I've been there as well, I thought that the gel was better because it got closer to the skin, but when I started to buy the foam again to be honest I didn't notice any difference and I was rather happy that I didn't had to rub the gel to create foam. Less work for me. :)