Shoe Laces

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by cocolgooh • Apr 6, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    How do you save money on shoe laces? I have one pair of boots that seem to wear through shoe laces so quickly it's ridiculous. They seem to go through a new set of laces at least once every three months or so. It means that I end up having to spend money on another set of laces all the time. Do you have any tips for making them last longer? Or a specific brand of laces that seems to last longer than others?

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I buy generic laces on ebay and save tons of money. Just find the style and the width and length that you want. You can find some cheap laces at Walmart too. I have even found some at the Dollar Tree and they matched my sneakers. I wash my running shoes in my washer and the laces tend to get warn out that way so now I always buy spares.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I found some cheap shoe laces at Walmart too and at Payless Shoe Stores especially when they've got sales. When I see shoe laces so cheap I stock up for my sneakers. I like the elastic ones that seem to stretch nicely and wraps your feet instead of keeping your feet so tightly bound too. I found that the elastic ones lasts twice as long too, than the traditional shoe laces, but hard to find.

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The best shoe laces can be obtained from second hand shoes since view have seen better days. It would be prudent to talk with the merchants on how to acquire them. Most shoe laces are not durable and fray easily. But I have also realized that longer shoe laces last longer than shorter ones since one does not have to pull when tying them.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't recall having to buy replacement shoelaces for any of my shoes. Not even boots! Come to think of it most of my boots are zipper... But even for tennis shoes, what I do is I hide them in a way that the shoelaces go inside the shoes because I hate to tie them every time I have to go out and then have them untying the middle of the day. I can clearly see myself stepping on the hanging shoe laces and falling on my ass. So I prefer to just shove them inside so I do not have a problem with them!

6. jamesfende

jamesfendeMember

Threads:
    have to agree with the above comment, ive never had to replace a pair of shoelaces? i wear the same doc martens every day for work and have done for the past 2 years and the laces are still fine.. so im curious as to why yours arent lasting at all? maybe try tying them in a different way that does not expose the laces as much? im kind of stumped as to what to suggest haha, sorry!

7. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is really a great way of fun for sure for us all. It will be really a massive to read ahead.

It will be good to know about