Shoe Repair Kit

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Alexandoy • Mar 8, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was gifted with a shoe repair kit that includes shoe wax and brush for cleaning. The kit is just actually a set of glue that is intended for the sole of ths shoe. The one who gave me that kit knew of my experience with a cheap shoe with a detached sole. Maybe if that would happen again then I can easily repair the problem myself. That sole problem usually happens during the rainy season when the leather shoes is exposed to the wet surface of the ground. Especially for cheap shoes, the sole can easily detach.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is a good idea to have such a gift. However, these days I rarely encounter a detached sole. I remember it used to be a common problem way back. Whether it is the she quality or weather abuse, I am yet to find out.

I always chose a durable shoe unless it is a shoe that I am going to wear occasionally.

Being able to repair a sole at home may be a great idea provided the kit isn't too expensive.

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    A shoe repair setup could be worth it if you're into expensive shoes. However, the cheaper brands bought in the US at Wal-Mart are normally easy to replace. However, though, note that if you jog a lot, then they might need to be changed often. In that case, is it worth it to simply buy higher quality shoes like Nike or Reebok?

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I remember a trick of using a product called "Shoe Goo" to fix my tennis shoes one time,because part of the rubber sole was coming off near the toe but I wanted to keep the shoes a lot longer. Also this can happen to cheap or expensive dress shoes as well. It can really be to expensive to buy a new pair of dress shoes or take them to a cobbler, so this really is a good way to save money on shoe repair.