Shopping Online

Discussion in Online Shopping started by tonyb • Apr 5, 2017.

1. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am careful with the sites I patronize when shopping online. Sometimes it's hard to determine if the site is trustworthy especially when one is already tempted with great sales offer. This is one thing I try check out for, I look out if Paypal is a means of receiving payment. Also I would check for the FAQ if any and for a vibrant community. All these steps I take to avoid being scammed.

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been patronizing Lazada, an online shopping with a local site in our place. What I usually purchase from such site are shoes, electrical gadgets, mobile phone, and toys for our grandchildren. I forgot I also ordered a honey in bottle.

Its customer service is well guaranteed. If something missing or incomplete in your purchases made, the store guarantees them to be replenished as long as they're informed right away to avoid delay. This store has also a money-back feature. Within a week, if the customer is not satisfied with the product he may return it and may get back his money paid.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's good to check if the site is a google trusted site, BBB accredited and other business logos of trust for shopping at the particular site. Believe me I understand the price temptation for we all love to save money, but, I hold back before buying and check for reviews, comments and the like before I shop at a new site. I've splendid time buying from Walmart, amazon, ebay or going to the site that sends me catalogs in the past now that have sites to shop with too. At the bottom of the site first page they usually have the logos of accreditation. Then you can save and buy with confidence and know that your item will be coming through the mail or Fedex. Be very careful of shipping, it can get expensive real fast about shipping. I live in Hawaii so we sometimes get charged extra. Have fun shopping!

4. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @Nakitakona@Nakitakona There is Lazada site in our country as well, but I have not try to check it out yet. I have just seen many ads about it. It is good to know the customer service is so good. For me to do online purchase, I think the customer service is very important. Sometimes we can't blame if there might be some mistakes here and there, especially throughout the shipping process, but if the shop values the customers and can refund or send a new product, then I think it's good.

I usually only pay via PayPal when I shop online, so PayPal is my main option. I also try to purchase from trusted site, such as book depository, or I will read the reviews if I come to a new site, though I think reviews might not be 100% real.

#4Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2017
  5. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I only purchase from trustworthy sites when purchasing online. I try and stick to eBay and Amazon but if I can't I will only purchase from sites that have a lot of online reviews and customers. I check this by just searching their name online on various review sites. It's a good idea to read some of the reviews posted on these sites as they can tell you whether or not the site can be purchased from. I've stopped browsing on several sites because a review has stated that they do not reply to their emails about purchases.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think Amazon has everything you need from books to shoes,and sometimes you can use your gift cards that you earned from other places to spend here. I buy a lot of used books on this online site, that are in pretty good shape,and they offer quite a variety of name brand shoes for sale on Amazon as well. I always feel quite safe here ,when I purchase something.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am conservative when it comes to shopping much more in online shopping. First rule is to thoroughly check the background of the online shop. New online stores are always suspect to me especially if they are offering big discounts. But when a friend has good experience with an online store that I am prospecting then it's a go for me. But as much as possible, I want to shop in the mall because seeing and touching the merchandise is far better than seeing the pictures only.

8. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I purchase items only from the online sites which are trustworthy. Then I also read the customer review of the product , which I am interested in. Review from friends and relatives also has an effect on my selection. The site should be well known. I don’t usually trust a new site unless I get a good review of it. For new sites, I trust only which has cash on delivery but for the quality of the product I depend on the reviews.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I think that as long as the site offers to be paid via Paypal or COD then that's already an assurance that you can have your money back if the item is defective or if it didn't arrive. I have already taken advantage of Paypal's dispute several times, and I won all of my cases except for 1 that was filed was past 45 days. I will never pay directly using my debit card so that I won't be scammed.

10. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I have been scammed a lot of times when I shop online. It's really hard to find a trustworthy online shop that will give you items/clothes that is exactly what you're expecting. Also, I encountered a lot of problems from other online shops like getting the wrong size and color and also bad quality of the item or clothing. Right now, before I shop online, I always check the reviews of the shop first and check if it is legit and good reviews.

11. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Shopping online is as convenient as it can get, and on top of that it allows me to save money and access exclusive promotions, so I am a huge fan of online shopping. Sure, there are things I need to purchase in-person, but whenever I can I buy online.

12. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    I do shop online since I can get many things cheaper that way, and as other have said it is convenient. When buying, I only ever buy on sites that I know are safe, such as Mindfactory. Or, in the case of buying used items on sites such as Ebay, I only buy from trusted sellers, preferably those who have had lots of transactions.
    If I was looking for a new online store, I would just avoid those that have any of those "too good to be true" deals.

13. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    I agree one thing that can't argued in regards to online shopping is that it opened great doors and it's the most innovative thing

14. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    What do you mean it opened doors @walter12@walter12 ? Surely it's all about innovation, and even if when Amazon started they called it a bubble, we can now see that it has changed everyone's lives. Everyone wants access and cheap prices. :)

15. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    It certainly is cheaper to shop online. I am finding more and more benefits to shopping online the more I do it. I get my dog treats and food delivered to my door as well as all my food and daily needs. It's really great when I don't have to go out and brave the cold weather.

16. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't give myself the stress of purchasing from sites I'm not familiar with because I tend to lose my cool whenever I'm scammed. So I deal with only established websites that have already made a great name for themselves in sales. Here, there are two major online shops that I make use of, and they are Jumia and Jiji. They offer the best deals on products and commodities.

17. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Generally speaking, I shop only on the sites that have paypal payment. Paypal is the most secured payment gateway for online shopping because it offers buyers protection. If we are not satisfied with the product or if we did not receive products we ca file a dispute and receive partial or full refunds.

18. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    It is hard to know who to trust. My favourite site to shop is Amazon because I know that if anything goes wrong they will sort it out for me. Most of the time everything is fine and it is only on very few occasions that I haven't received goods or they have been faulty. It's lucky that they sell almost anything you can think of; it's just a shame they don't take paypal. I am very nervous at shopping on sites I don't know and always read reviews first. Even Ebay can be a little unpredictable although I do buy goods from them if I can get a cheaper deal.

19. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I also like online purchasing and that is really a comfortable thing to have such a good time.