Should I buy myself a bike?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Ionel • Mar 9, 2014.

1. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    Maybe you should pal. If you're still fond of riding bikes, you should get one.It will help u with your mornings/evenings exercise schedules and save you time when you want to go pick something to a nearby store. Biking is not my favorite sport but I enjoy riding a bike whenever I come across it and have a chance to ride it.

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I think I might be at that stage where I should consider incorporating the bike more. It just makes sense for some times and plus the exercise factor.

3. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    The choice between a bike and a gaming console is a tough one, to be honest. I am into bikes and I have my own, which I use to run errands and also for my evening exercise, cruising through the estate. As for now I would suggest getting the gaming system because as much as a bike is important and offers great exercise, a gaming system is an item without a substitute. I agree that a bike will save on fuel, but if you can well afford the gas, a car ride would be much better especially if you want to meet those tight schedules. A dedicated gamer will prioritise on gaming equipment but if you feel that a bike would be beneficial to you, there is no harm in purchasing one. After all, I can attest to the fact that it has really helped me maintain my body in terrific shape.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to go to school and market as a kid and then I thought it was kind a burden on me. But when I grew older and started using a motorbike for going to college and other work I felt cycling is a good habit for fitness purpose. I have a bike ever since and I ride it almost every week and also when going for short distance shopping purpose. Of course biking is considered a very good habit and sporting activity in my current location Australia.

5. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Apart from the many health benefits associated with a bike, it is also a cheap means of transport. You can make round trips to and from work,church, market,e.t.c. without spending money. I own one and I use it most of the time. However, I have never engaged in any bicycle racing competitions.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A choice between a bike and computer game, I would definitely choose the bike anytime. Aside from using it as a mode of transportation, it can be your way to a better health particularly if the roads are bike-friendly. An added benefit is the aspect of socializing. You can meet people who are into biking since there are groups and biking clubs in some areas.